Karns to IL (forearm strain), Phillips up

interloper

1 hour ago, makoman said:

I can't say this about a guy who lost part of his rib to pitching.

Maybe for once a forearm strain is just a forearm strain. 

I was being a little flippant, but you’re right.   Thanks for mentioning that.    And hopefully it is just a forearm strain.   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not that it means anything in the grand scheme of things but it was the Twins and Phillies that made offers to Tillman.

https://973espn.com/phillies-reportedly-make-offer-to-pitcher-chris-tillman/

Thank you, I think it was either Roch or. Someone at Camden Chat who said he’d been offered a minor-league deal by the Tigers. I checked on your link, and it doesn’t say whether the deals offered were major or minor league deals, at least I don’t recall seeing it mentioned. Regardless, my point was that it is much better to risk a little on somebody then it is to risk a lot, especially when it is a very very large risk.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Thank you, I think it was either Roch or. Someone at Camden Chat who said he’d been offered a minor-league deal by the Tigers. I checked on your link, and it doesn’t say whether the deals offered were major or minor league deals, at least I don’t recall seeing it mentioned. Regardless, my point was that it is much better to risk a little on somebody then it is to risk a lot, especially when it is a very very large risk.

Sure.

No way I would have given TIllman a ML deal last spring.

The only problem with calling up Phillips is that last year in 11+ innings he was no better than I would be.

I hope he’s better this time around.

You probably wouldn't have pitched a completely scoreless spring training.

Yes, I know, spring training stats are meaningless.   But there's something about a 0.00 ERA.   We gave Wotherspoon a chance, Phillips certainly deserves at least that.

The only problem with calling up Phillips is that last year in 11+ innings he was no better than I would be.

I hope he’s better this time around.

He looked much sharper this spring, from what I read.   Pitched 9.2 shutout innings, 9 hits, 3 walks, 10 K’s.

Just now, SteveA said:

You probably wouldn't have pitched a completely scoreless spring training.

Yes, I know, spring training stats are meaningless.   But there's something about a 0.00 ERA.   We gave Wotherspoon a chance, Phillips certainly deserves at least that.

Oh, I don’t deny that at all, I’m very happy to have him getting his chance, and I don’t know whether I would’ve preferred anyone else. I’m just pointing out that he was horrible last year with us, but so were Ortiz, Carroll and Tate.

I’m hoping Kremer can come up at some point.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

He looked much sharper this spring, from what I read.   Pitched 9.2 shutout innings, 9 hits, 3 walks, 10 K’s.

Yes he was a lot better the spring, you’re exactly right. I don’t know what quality of opposition he was facing, and I do not know how he has been in past spring trainings(Springs Training?) I’m just hoping he’s good.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Oh, I don’t deny that at all, I’m very happy to have him getting his chance, and I don’t know whether I would’ve preferred anyone else. I’m just pointing out that he was horrible last year with us, but so were Ortiz, Carroll and Tate.

I’m hoping Kremer can come up at some point.

Don't think Kremer is playing yet, still dealing with the oblique.

So we won't see him for a long while.