Alex Wells 2019

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You know what’s annoying?   The Baysox have a twitter feed where they post game updates about once an inning, but they didn’t even mention that Wells had been pulled, much less explain what happened or give any other information about his condition.   

Calling him up to play in the outfield?

On 5/20/2019 at 11:13 PM, Frobby said:

You know what’s annoying?   The Baysox have a twitter feed where they post game updates about once an inning, but they didn’t even mention that Wells had been pulled, much less explain what happened or give any other information about his condition.   

Teams are posting a lot less during games this year in general, because MLB issued them a statement telling them to limit/stop posting video clips. Teams are also not posting about injuries this season.

Last season? There would of been a picture of the bruise and an Australian joke about it. This year? Nada.

12 hours ago, Mendoza Line said:

Our version of Mark Buehrle? I can only hope he has even a fraction of his success.

Great analogy.    Unimpressive velocity, excellent command, lightning fast worker, left handed.   Yeah, a fraction of that success would be nice.   One of my favorite pitchers to watch.   

Just now, Frobby said:

ERA to 1.72.    He’s made an impressive transition to AA, which I thought might be difficult for him.  

I figured AA was when they would start catching up with his stuff.  Promising that he is pitching this well. 

Interested to see who he handles the ML balls when he gets to AAA.