O's Pitching Staff Fastest Ever to Allow 100 HRs

theocean

3 hours ago, theocean said:

On pace to shatter the current record of 258 with 338 homers this year. 20 of those home runs have come from the Yankees just in Camden Yards alone.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26796852/o-pitching-staff-fastest-ever-allow-100-hrs

Well at least it wasn't like it was during the 14 Years in the Desert, when they walked so many batters that the home runs would have been even more devastating.

This is what major league baseball wants, right?  Chicks dig the longball?  There's been 1.31 homers/team/game this year, and we haven't even gotten to the parts of the year where offenses heat up.  Chances are good that the league will destroy the all time home run mark by hundreds of homers.  It's plausible the league will set the all time record even after subtracting the O's pitcher's totals.

This is the least surprising thing ever, in an environment where homers and finishing last are incentivized.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

This is what major league baseball wants, right?  Chicks dig the longball?  There's been 1.31 homers/team/game this year, and we haven't even gotten to the parts of the year where offenses heat up.  Chances are good that the league will destroy the all time home run mark by hundreds of homers.  It's plausible the league will set the all time record even after subtracting the O's pitcher's totals.

This is the least surprising thing ever, in an environment where homers and finishing last are incentivized.

Yeah and it’s not even a brand of baseball I particularly enjoy. It’s like watching a damn video game now. 

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think the Oriole homers will go down somewhat. Twins and Yankees were blasting them . Tigers and Blue Jays and Giants and Royals are not as big homer teams.

Tigers second to last. KC  and Giants are 26th and 27th. Toronto 24th.

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yeah and it’s not even a brand of baseball I particularly enjoy. It’s like watching a damn video game now. 

I want to know if there's any way to watch Korean baseball in the US.  Looks like they score as many runs as MLB, but with maybe .75 homers/team/game, and 6 or 7 strikeouts.  Batting averages in the .270 range.  Last year Hyun Soo Kim hit .362 and only struck out 61 times in 511 PAs.  Someone named Eui Ji Yang had 40 strikeouts and 53 extra base hits.

38 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I want to know if there's any way to watch Korean baseball in the US.  Looks like they score as many runs as MLB, but with maybe .75 homers/team/game, and 6 or 7 strikeouts.  Batting averages in the .270 range.  Last year Hyun Soo Kim hit .362 and only struck out 61 times in 511 PAs.  Someone named Eui Ji Yang had 40 strikeouts and 53 extra base hits.

I watched Japanese baseball on television in Kyoto a couple years ago. Reminded me of 1980’s baseball pre-steroids era. 

I’m sure there is a way to stream it legal or by other means.

Archived