The Rubber Match (vs. ROCKIES, 5/26)

OFFNY

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He was good for a bit but he fell apart.  Can't deny that.

So did Marquez, to some extent.

Take away Villar's bad play and they would have essentially had the same game.  The guy leading the majors in HRs allowed and a guy who came in 5-2 with a 3.38 ERA despite pitching half his games in Coors.

We got more than we could really expect out of Hess today.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So did Marquez, to some extent.

Take away Villar's bad play and they would have essentially had the same game.  The guy leading the majors in HRs allowed and a guy who came in 5-2 with a 3.38 ERA despite pitching half his games in Coors.

We got more than we could really expect out of Hess today.

I'll concede that point, he did better than I thought he would have.  

Guys, if we go on a heater we may win 60 games. We have time to try a new closer and let Givens try lower leverage situations. Heck, if there was such a thing as a low leverage season we are in one. 

There is a real possibility than nobody on the current roster is on our next contending team. We have something like six MLB quality guys on our roster, and I'm not sure we have any starters on a decent team. We may have gotten the most raw talent on our entire roster for international money, and it's likely he is another Felix Pie. 

Givens blowing a game is the least of our issues, lol.

9 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Hyde is still just a rookie manager. I'm willing to cut him a break and hope that he learns from his mistakes. It's different from Buck who was constantly making stupid decisions after 20 years of experience.  

I’m not mad at him just don’t agree with it. Best case scenario Givens comes in with winning run at plate. 

3 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

Guys, if we go on a heater we may win 60 games. We have time to try a new closer and let Givens try lower leverage situations. Heck, if there was such a thing as a low leverage season we are in one. 

There is a real possibility than nobody on the current roster is on our next contending team. We have something like six MLB quality guys on our roster, and I'm not sure we have any starters on a decent team. We may have gotten the most raw talent on our entire roster for international money, and it's likely he is another Felix Pie. 

Rationally, you are correct. But the few fans of this organization are still fans and have emotions.

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'll concede that point, he did better than I thought he would have.  

Way better! One of those runs and at least 15 pitches weren't his fault. If guys could just catch and throw.

13 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

Cash is pitching solid. Bundy is a #5 at least... isn't he?

Buehller?

Just now, scOtt said:

Cash is pitching solid. Bundy is a #5 at least... isn't he?

Buehller?

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious!

Archived