Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?

Frobby

Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want the Orioles to pick at 1-1?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/19 at 22:55

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I would expect them to have a deal pretty much in place by now.

I would expect them to know how much it will cost them to sign any of the finalists on their list by now. They can't really measure the risk of drafting a player unless they know what it will cost.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'd say so.  But I think it would be more like if Rutschman wants .5M under and Witt wants 1.5M under.

I don't pretend to know what the particulars are likely to be, just wondering if people think signing Rutschman is worth a million dollars more than signing Witt.

MLB Pipeline sought to find out with a poll sent to general managers, scouting directors and executives and national crosscheckers. The question was simple: If you had the No. 1 pick in this year’s Draft, who would you take, and why? It was left open-ended by design, to allow scouts to respond with any name they chose.

A total of 22 responded, from 17 teams. While Rutschman was the clear choice (he got 16 votes), it wasn’t unanimous. The other six provided very strong support for Bobby Witt Jr., the toolsy shortstop out of the Texas high school ranks. No other player received a vote.