There Are Rumblings That the O's Will Not Take Rutschman

Greg Pappas

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Problem with Vaughn is we would likely need the BEST CASE scenario for Vaughn to play out for him to give us more value than AR reaching his mid-case outcome.  And positional need matters here too.  We have one of the best (now) first base prospects in the game knocking on the door from Triple A. 

Didn't say I would pick him.  Just that of the two he at least makes a little sense.  A free swinging corner outfielder?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm guessing here but I think Wieters and Machado alone would keep that from being the case.

I fact checked myself and it is indeed an incorrect assumption - still would be curious to see how bad we were compared when factoring in favorable draft position for so many years.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Didn't say I would pick him.  Just that of the two he at least makes a little sense.  A free swinging corner outfielder?

None of it makes sense to me.  Really hope it's just poorly informed rumors or posturing from the O's. 

If not AR then I would think it would have to be Witt Jr.  That's what common sense would dictate. Go for the toolsy SS. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

The problem is the disparity in talent between the player you are bypassing and the kind of players who are likely to be available in the later rounds.  It's robbing Peter to pay Paul.  

You are making excellent points, and I agree with you completely

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Forgot about that one.  I stand corrected.  

My man Jimi didn't put a clunker out though.  All 3 of his proper studio albums are classics.

You knew I has something right?

The Hendrix Blues album is pretty decent, some acoustic stuff.

Elias must be making a boat load of money if he doesn't choose Rutschman Monday. If they choose someone else and pay them almost $8 million and he flops he should be fired. Take the most sure thing guy on the board and if he flops it wasn't Eiias's fault. This is not the time to think you are smarter than the top scouts. Law sort of knocking him the other day is worthless. He is an Oriole hater and has been for some time because he didn't get a job with us one time.  The Oriole doctor has reportedly checked him out physically in Oregon. I don't know the results.

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

It is sad but i think Elias is a guy who will end up being talked about for decades about how he messed up 3  #1 overalls. 

Hahaha. I can’t believe some of you block atomic. The entertainment value. 

Just now, ChuckS said:

None of it makes sense to me.  Really hope it's just poor informed rumors or posturing from the O's. 

If not AR then I would think it would have to be Witt Jr. 

At this point there is no need to get worked up yet. There will be plenty of time for that after we find out who Elias takes at #1. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, section18 said:

Elias must be making a boat load of money if he doesn't choose Rutschman Monday. If they choose someone else and pay them almost $8 million and he flops he should be fired. Take the most sure thing guy on the board and if he flops it wasn't Eiias's fault. This is not the time to think you are smarter than the top scouts. Law sort of knocking him the other day is worthless. He is an Oriole hater and has been for some time. because he didn't get a job with us one time.  The Oriole doctor has reportedly checked him out physically in Oregon. I don't know the results.

I think he still views himself as a top scout.

That being said I don't want him basing his decisions on what the consensus wants.

Archived