What's with the Yusniel regression?

interloper

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Diaz mashed another tater today. That's 4 in his last 10 games. Seems like the kid may really be back. 

Official stat line after 162 games at AA- 95 runs scored, 84 walks, 29 doubles, 19 HRs, 83 RBIs, .285 BA/.376 OBP/.454 SLG. Promote this guy already. 

15 hours ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Official stat line after 162 games at AA- 95 runs scored, 84 walks, 29 doubles, 19 HRs, 83 RBIs, .285 BA/.376 OBP/.454 SLG. Promote this guy already. 

What's his line at Double A Bowie?

Make him keep doing it for another few weeks.  It couldn't hurt.  He's been hitting for about two weeks out of the 12 or so weeks he's been at Bowie since the trade.  

6 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Make him keep doing it for another few weeks.  It couldn't hurt.  He's been hitting for about two weeks out of the 12 or so weeks he's been at Bowie since the trade.  

Bowie in 2018:   .239 / .329 / .406 (.732) in 175 PA

Bowie in 2019:  .241 / .320 / .429 (.749) in 150 PA

Pretty consistent so far.   Obviously it's a tale of two halves for him in '19 so far.  If he keeps doing what he's doing now for another week or two, I think it's fair to talk about promotion. 

11 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Pretty consistent so far.   Obviously it's a tale of two halves for him in '19 so far.  If he keeps doing what he's doing now for another week or two, I think it's fair to talk about promotion. 

The new papa starts a DP after this sliding catch (spoiler fuzzy video):

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

And I think that when we start talking promotion that means Elias will start talking about it in 4-6 weeks.

6 hours ago, Aglets said:

I don't think any of those numbers reflect the type of player he can be. Last year his performance had an inflection point when he came to Bowie. It's like they ordered him to stop with the good approach. This year he's battled two injuries, I think.

With that said, I want to see more than 1-2 more weeks of sustained success before promoting him. I'm in no hurry. If he turns into what we hope, he's a clear starter in our outfield by the second half of next year.

On 6/25/2019 at 12:56 AM, ChuckS said:

4 for his last 27 now.Down to a .231 average.This week not hitting.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:10 PM, LookinUp said:

I don't think any of those numbers reflect the type of player he can be. Last year his performance had an inflection point when he came to Bowie. It's like they ordered him to stop with the good approach. This year he's battled two injuries, I think.

With that said, I want to see more than 1-2 more weeks of sustained success before promoting him. I'm in no hurry. If he turns into what we hope, he's a clear starter in our outfield by the second half of next year.

If he could be a starter in Baltimore by next July, it might be time to send him to Norfolk. It seems he is spinning his wheels in Bowie - one good week then one bad week. I don't know if there is anything else to learn in AA after a  year and a half.

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

4 for his last 27 now.Down to a .231 average.This week not hitting.

He can finish the season in Bowie as far as I'm concerned.  

Hopefully he finishes strong there and doesn't have to 3-peat at Bowie, but a .231 BA in Double A isn't going to cut it. 

Archived