What's with the Yusniel regression?

interloper

11 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Hopefully Diaz keeps it going and finds himself promoted to AAA in the next 6 weeks. I would like to see him get some MLB at-bats in September as he needs to be added to the 40-man roster in the off season anyway.

If they decide it is worth playing service time games in April then so be it, but I would like to see him up in September if he is successful over the final 11 weeks of the  minor league season.

I wasn’t even thinking he had to be added yet.

Glad to see he has HR in back-to-back games now.   Hopefully this is the start of a bit of a run.

I'm not sure we will see him in Baltimore this year now......I think if all goes well they will send him to AAA and then his ship should come in in 2020.

13 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Glad to see he has HR in back-to-back games now.   Hopefully this is the start of a bit of a run.

I'm not sure we will see him in Baltimore this year now......I think if all goes well they will send him to AAA and then his ship should come in in 2020.

The way I see it, he still has time to turn on the jets and get promoted to AAA.    Both Stewart and Sisco weren’t hitting much the first month of the season (.701 and .630 OPS, respectively), and yet had hit their way into the majors a month later.     Diaz has played barely more than a month due to his injury, so it wouldn’t take that long for a hot streak to pull his numbers up to promotion-worthy levels.   But let’s see if this hot streak can be sustained for a good period of time.   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The way I see it, he still has time to turn on the jets and get promoted to AAA.    Both Stewart and Sisco weren’t hitting much the first month of the season (.701 and .630 OPS, respectively), and yet had hit their way into the majors a month later.     Diaz has played barely more than a month due to his injury, so it wouldn’t take that long for a hot streak to pull his numbers up to promotion-worthy levels.   But let’s see if this hot streak can be sustained for a good period of time.   

Yep I agree and this is what I was saying.  I think if he stays hot he will likely be promoted to Norfolk this year.  Not sure about September though.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:34 AM, Frobby said:

What about looking at Diaz's entire body of work at AA which is a .286/.379/.452 line in 158 games instead of a smaller sample size of games? How many more games does he need down at AA before the organization can promote to him to AAA?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

What about looking at Diaz's entire body of work at AA which is a .286/.379/.452 line in 158 games instead of a smaller sample size of games? How many more games does he need down at AA before the organization can promote to him to AAA?

12? 15? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

I'll spend next weekend with them and try to hear if there are any rumors.