What's with the Yusniel regression?

interloper

58 minutes ago, doccat said:

I think the Dodgers front office is a lot smarter than last year's O's front office and sold high.   I think Diaz has plenty of tools and talent, but he needs to start showing something soon.  

Tend to agree.  Our front office could sell him to fans as a 'headliner.'  Dodgers knew he was overrated, and I wouldn't be surprised if Duquette and company knew, too.

I'm not sure if it's a nagging injury thing or a guy who doesn't feel like he deserved to have to repeat AA just going through the motions. The tools were on full display in Spring Training so this is pretty confounding.

1 hour ago, LTO's said:

I'm not sure if it's a nagging injury thing or a guy who doesn't feel like he deserved to have to repeat AA just going through the motions. The tools were on full display in Spring Training so this is pretty confounding.

Sounds like a makeup thing.

10 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

I didn’t see what substantiated his ranking, but every outlet had him in the top 100, most had him in the top 75. His numbers look consistently ordinary. 

Advanced approach and average or better tools across the board. 

Based on his numbers, it looks like he could just be making a lot of weak contact.  He's continuing to draw walks and not striking out at a terribly high rate.  Perhaps some bad luck?  Hard to say without watching him play.  

Interesting stuff here. I kind of also wonder if he's going through the motions down there. He feels like the kind of high energy guy that would do better in the majors than the minors. Or perhaps he's just out of whack mechanically. 

I could see him being a late bloomer. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, 52520Andrew said:

The Orioles didn't handle the situation well but even they knew to trade Manny. You realize how much a crapshoot the draft is right? 

Again... (and yes I know I have said this a lot.) They waited too long. We would likely be way ahead of where we are now had they recognized the progression of the division after the Encarnacion walk off in 2016.

41 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Again... (and yes I know I have said this a lot.) They waited too long. We would likely be way ahead of where we are now had they recognized the progression of the division after the Encarnacion walk off in 2016.

Yeah agreed. That Britton return if they traded him after that year would have been ridiculous. And waiting for Machado to be a rental for a couple months hurt his value

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Impossible to say because Jon doesn't clarify AT ALL. Which is pretty weak for him, honestly. Just going to start rumors that way. He should know better. 

You can always ask him, as he seems to point out every time someone criticizes him here.   

Edit - he’s been asked to clarify on Twitter by several people, and hasn’t responded.   So, criticize away!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I am going to go out on limb he stood and watched it a long time.  The camera couldn’t even find him he hadn’t even got to 1st yet.

30 seconds around the bases, including 10+ seconds getting to 1B.   Sorry but to me that’s Bush League.

• Thanks 1