What's with the Yusniel regression?

interloper

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

30 seconds around the bases, including 10+ seconds getting to 1B.   Sorry but to me that’s Bush League.

It was a walk-off home run.  Nothing wrong with taking your time on those.  Doesn't affect the pitcher as he is already halfway to the dugout by the time he reached first.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, atomic said:

It was a walk-off home run.  Nothing wrong with taking your time on those.  Doesn't affect the pitcher as he is already halfway to the dugout by the time he reached first.

He could have taken his shower by the time Diaz reached first.    

Sorry, I’m old school about this.   It’s not like that hit was a high arcing homer where there were questions about whether it would stay fair   It was a laser shot.    No need to stand their and show up your AA opposition.

https://www.sportscasting.com/mlb/real-problem-boston-red-sox-2019/

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

30 seconds around the bases, including 10+ seconds getting to 1B.   Sorry but to me that’s Bush League.

The players don’t care.  They just care that they lost.  This generation doesn’t take it so personally. It’s a game. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

He could have taken his shower by the time Diaz reached first.    

Sorry, I’m old school about this.   It’s not like that hit was a high arcing homer where there were questions about whether it would stay fair   It was a laser shot.    No need to stand their and show up your AA opposition.

https://www.sportscasting.com/mlb/real-problem-boston-red-sox-2019/

He wanted to give the rest of the team a chance to get out of the dugout and gather around home plate so he could have a real celebration.  Bowie doesn't win that many games they want to savor the ones they do win.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

He wanted to give the rest of the team a chance to get out of the dugout and gather around home plate so he could have a real celebration.  Bowie doesn't win that many games they want to savor the ones they do win.

Bowie is having a weird season.    They started out 8-24.    Since then they've gone 11-4, then 1-8, and now 6-1.    Overall they are 26-37, but 18-13 over the last month or so.   Who knows how they'll end up?

• Upvote 1

Hopefully Diaz keeps it going and finds himself promoted to AAA in the next 6 weeks. I would like to see him get some MLB at-bats in September as he needs to be added to the 40-man roster in the off season anyway.

If they decide it is worth playing service time games in April then so be it, but I would like to see him up in September if he is successful over the final 11 weeks of the  minor league season.

• Upvote 1