vs. D-RAYS, 7/02

OFFNY

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Someone tell Hunter it's TV. He doesn't have to comment on every little thing.

This is what bothers me the most. I could probably (maybe) deal with the stupid and embarrassing crap he says if it wasn't non-stop blabbering. He has the worst homerun call in the game and doesn't let the fans enjoy the moment. He has to flood you with information about everything you just watched: what type of pitch it was, what the count was, the HR numer for the batter, WHO THE BATTER WAS...

(Example: "aaaaaaAAAANND THAT BALL Is gone for Severino, his 11th of the year! Oh he took that fastball at 94.4mph and squared it up over the left field fence caught by a fan in a Markakis jersey with a Rawlings glove on his left hand and a Natty Bo in his right; that guy's name is probably Fred, probably from Hagerstown where he works as a civil engineer, has two cats and a girlfriend named Georgina. <Severino rounds 1st> Ohhhh that was a blast, blah blah blah blah Orioles on the board blah blah blah 2-game hit streak blah blah blah Severino has started a comeback blah blah blah O's now only trail 14-2 blah blah blah)

7 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Someone tell Hunter it's TV. He doesn't have to comment on every little thing.

When you have something witty and insightful to say about everything that happens, it's hard to restrain yourself. I have the same problem.  ?

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I actually don't mind him on the radio.

He is a radio guy who never figured out how to call a game on television. Kevin Brown should be doing MASN games instead. He is clever and has good anecdotes that would be perfect for television broadcasts. 

Archived