Leonardo Rodriguez

AJHoesnkakes

18 minutes ago, AJHoesnkakes said:

Who is he? And should we be paying attention? 10 Ks tonight in Aberdeen. Seems like he has quite a frame at 6'7" 220lbs. He is almost 22, and still at Aberdeen, but wondering if anyone has any information on him?

I posted this in another thread, but he was 92-96mph with the fastball in an earlier start, with a fringy secondary stuff at the moment. It's a slingy, low slot type delivery. It's a relief profile for me long term, I don't see a starter's command or arsenal.  

• Upvote 2

It’s hard to keep follow these guys in the GCL because there’s only so many innings to go around. With the new emphasis on player development I wish they would consider bringing back a team similar to what we had in Bluefield. A rookie league team that would be in between GCL and Aberdeen. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Almost 22 years old, FYI.

Only on this board would someone four months before their 22nd birthday be described as "almost 22 years old".

Maybe a child that was 6 and 2/3rds would describe himself as "almost 7", but no adult would be described this way.

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

There is strength in numbers and we are starting to see a good number of prospects, particularly pitchers, doing well.  The odds are against any specific one but if you get enough, good things should happen. Good stories from Bowie on down.  Even, if a lot of these guys turn into bullpen pieces, not the worst thing.  This guy sounds a little like Castro but hopefully he's more Armando Benitez.

Yep. Get many live arms and good player development guys and some are bound to exceed their scouting reports.

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Only on this board would someone four months before their 22nd birthday be described as "almost 22 years old".

Maybe a child that was 6 and 2/3rds would describe himself as "almost 7", but no adult would be described this way.

What can I say? I saw 21 and 242 days and didn't do the math. Only on this board would someone call you out for something so minor.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He’ll be 21 every day this season.   That’s good enough for me.    Of the 30 pitchers who have made an appearance for Aberdeen, he’s the 7th youngest.   

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So, using the analogy that Tony likes to use, if we drafted a college junior this year who was doing what Rodriguez is we'd be pretty darn happy.  Unfortunately, the scouting report from Luke sounds like "reliever".

That’s OK with me, down the road. It’s not like our bullpen couldn’t use any help.    

The OH rankings of our pitchers this year will be very interesting.