vs. D-RAYS, 7/12

OFFNY

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Mancini took a bad route in the 1st he has literally cost them 5/6 runs tonight. 

I think Smith is playing himself off the roster. 

That was a given once he stopped hitting well beyond his demonstrated ability.  I was confused what everyone else saw in him.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

That was a given once he stopped hitting well beyond his demonstrated ability.  I was confused what everyone else saw in him.

I think we were just looking for someone to have some hope with. Even unrealistic hope. 

His glove is so bad even if he was a little better hitter his value is so limited. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Serious question.

If you cut or send down a couple lollygaggers off of this squad how long do you think the message resonates for?  Do you give it a week?

The biggest issue is still Davis. All that money and can't be bothered to stretch for a ball hit next to him, or even look at first on a third strike that bounced well away from the catcher...

Or they can send some players out that should know this was pretty much their only shot at the majors. It could resonate for a week or a little more.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The biggest issue is still Davis. All that money and can't be bothered to stretch for a ball hit next to him, or even look at first on a third strike that bounced well away from the catcher...

Or they can send some players out that should know this was pretty much their only shot at the majors. It could resonate for a week or a little more.

I just don't see the point.  It won't change anything long term, would just make a few fans feel better.

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I meant specifically. Who should be sent down or DFAd? Who should be called up? 

Well, if Shepard hadn't pitched tonight for Norfolk, could of brought him up for someone. Maybe IL Bundy if he injured something during his "stop/start" warm up earlier. Or DFA Smith Jr, Davis, Broxton, ring every GM on their phone about Villar, ect.

11 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If there aren't atleast a couple of roster moves tomorrow, then all the talk about wanting players who hustle and don't make mental mistakes is really laughable, especially after the break.

Yes you are correct. I was complaining about this earlier in the season, but the fact is that too many of the guys who deserve are either out of options and can’t be put on waivers because they would be claimed, have enough service time that they could refuse being optioned, Or are considered otherwise irreplaceable.

Hyde can yell at Villar or Davis or Smith or Alberto or Sisco or Ynoa all he wants and they don’t care a bit. They start tomorrow and they know it.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just don't see the point.  It won't change anything long term, would just make a few fans feel better.

I know. But one can dream. I think.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Curious to see Hyde’s postgame. 

How Hyde isn't a raging alcoholic during some of these post games is beyond me.

Just now, Philip said:

Yes you are correct. I was complaining about this earlier in the season, but the fact is that too many of the guys who deserve are either out of options and can’t be put on waivers because they would be claimed, have enough service time that they could refuse being optioned, Or are considered otherwise irreplaceable.

Hyde can yell at Villar or Davis or Smith or Alberto or Sisco or Ynoa all he wants and they don’t care a bit. They start tomorrow and they know it.

I don't think Sisco feels that secure after last season and this spring.

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If you took Davis off this team they. would still be absolutely terrible.  So many terrible players.,