Loverro takes one last shot at Angelos and Baltimore

Tony-OH

He ties it all back to John Vidalin leaving. Someone the vast majority Orioles fans have never heard of.

I am curious as to what happened but there isn’t a business expert in the world who can help attendance substantially at a time like this.  

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He ties it all back to John Vidalin leaving. Someone the vast majority Orioles fans have never heard of.

I am curious as to what happened but there isn’t a business expert in the world who can help attendance substantially at a time like this.  

Winning does wonders. Phillies when winning in 2011  averaged 45,440 and were  first in attendance. In 2015 they were 25th in attendance ,averaging 23,475. Eight in attendance  this year, averaging 35,509.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Winning does wonders. Phillies when winning in 2011  averaged 45,440 and were  first in attendance. In 2015 they were 25th in attendance ,averaging 23,475. Eight in attendance  this year, averaging 35,509.

I certainly don’t agree with everything the Orioles do, like the high prices for the giveaway games, but to write a column like this is comical. 

Perhaps the sons will have to sell the team but we have seen more positive developments in the last year than the last 25 combined in terms of baseball operations. 

The greatest sports exec in the world is not going to bring in strong attendance when the team admits before the year they aren’t trying to win.  

14 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I certainly don’t agree with everything the Orioles do, like the high prices for the giveaway games, but to write a column like this is comical. 

Perhaps the sons will have to sell the team but we have seen more positive developments in the last year than the last 25 combined in terms of baseball operations. 

The greatest sports exec in the world is not going to bring in strong attendance when the team admits before the year they aren’t trying to win.  

Chris Davis is still on the 25-man roster. I won't buy into the fact that the organization has the utmost commitment to winning until they eat the money left on Davis' contract and buy him out.   

I thought it was a very stupid and superficial column.    There’s no information about Vidalin’s reasons for leaving, he’s got nothing to do with baseball operations, and yet Loverro leads and ends with that as though it has some deeper meaning.    Perhaps it does, but Loverro certainly didn’t give any clue as to why.  

As to the water main break, perhaps Loverro didn’t notice the major damage done in DC by last week’s flash floods.     I don’t see that as a symbol of anything other than the reporter’s laziness.   

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I thought it was a very stupid and superficial column.    There’s no information about Vidalin’s reasons for leaving, he’s got nothing to do with baseball operations, and yet Loverro leads and ends with that as though it has some deeper meaning.    Perhaps it does, but Loverro certainly didn’t give any clue as to why.  

As to the water main break, perhaps Loverro didn’t notice the major damage done in DC by last week’s flash floods.     I don’t see that as a symbol of anything other than the reporter’s laziness.   

Lazy is really the only appropriate word to describe this article. @Tony-OH  has to keep it respectful with Laverro as a member of the media, but he essentially said as much without actually using the word. 

I mean, let's say the O's get sold today to the best baseball owner we could possibly hope for... does Laverro think that a competent owner would aim to make the team competitive by 2020? Surely that's not the case.

27 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Chris Davis is still on the 25-man roster. I won't buy into the fact that the organization has the utmost commitment to winning until they eat the money left on Davis' contract and buy him out.   

But that is just your line in the sand  It doesn’t mean anything. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Stupid. Superficial. Excellent word choices. By the way. I spent the weekend on Baltimore St  Never uncomfortable at any time day or night. Nice city to hang out in. Cities require a certain effort.  So does living on a farm. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

They aren’t trying to win this year. They have basically put up a sign and said so.  

There aren’t too many people on here who don’t want him gone. That said whether he is here or not has little impact on the 2019 record.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1