vs. RED SOX, 7/19

OFFNY

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I've more been questioning your assertion that draft status matters after a player has been in the league for a significant period of time.  Like anyone cares three years into his ML career when Mancini was picked.

I think you get where I'm coming from on that, it's cool.

18 minutes ago, Sessh said:

An ice station.. it sure is hot enough. It almost hurt to go outside today in the sun and tomorrow, it's going to be 115 with the heat index. Poor Eshelman. lol

I guess I’m used to the heat. Being raised in Texas. 95 here with heat index 102. 60 years ago we didn’t have AC in the cars or house. But love my AC now. I do feel for the players and umpires. 

• Upvote 1

o

Nice bounce-back game for Means, after previously sustaining his worst outing of the season (6 Earned Runs in 6 Innings Pitched against D-Rays.)

18 OUTS: 7 Flyouts, 5 Groundouts, 2 Foulouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Popout

JOHN ALAN MEANS )))))) (FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:ll6

H:llll 4 )l (1 Home Run, 3 Singles)   

R:lllll 2

BB:ll

SO:ll1

Pitches: )l 102(66 )Strikes, )36 )Balls)

2019 ERA: ))2.95  ))  94.67 IP  (31 ER) 

2019 WHIP: ))1.088  ))  94.67 IP  (103 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )).224 ) (79 for 353) 

PITCHES BY INNING

21 ll(14 lStrikes, llllBalls)

21 ll(14 lStrikes, llllBalls)

10 ll(61 llStrikes, llllBalls)

17 ll(11 llStrikes, lllllBalls)

19 ll(12 llStrikes, lllllBalls)

14 ll(91 llStrikes, lllllBalls)

o

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I prefer the heat. But in moderation. My joints don't like the cold. But I sweat like CRAZY! I have to guard against dehydrating at work. My toes clench up and I can't make them let go.

Sounds like you are cramping. I take Magnesium for that. When it’s cold my muscles stiffen up. So I like warmer weather but not as hot as it is now.

24 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yep.  I don't know the area but my friend from Richmond will be our tour guide.  I know we're going to the Veil, they make some GREAT beers, we know someone who used to work there and is not a brewer-in-training at The Other Half in Brooklyn NY which is another great brewery.  We've had plenty of stuff from the Veil at all of our VT tailgates, I'm looking forward to visiting the place.  I think my friend from Richmond mentioned a brewery that was affiliated with (or next to?) a Vietnamese restaurant?  We'll have either lunch or dinner there.  He's got it all mapped out, I'm just going along.

The Veil is very good but there are several others in that neighborhood that are good too. Sounds like you are going to The Answer for lunch that will be a few mile drive. Enjoy!