Grade Elias’ First Deadline

brvn52

Grade Elias’ First Trade Deadline  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Elias’ First Trade Deadline

16 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

Do you think Mancini’s value goes up or down with less years of control? I don’t think he brings a great return no matter when he is potentially moved. 

Depends how he does next year.   Another year like this one would probably cement the value of his bat, which might outweigh the extra year of control.    

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Depends how he does next year.   Another year like this one would probably cement the value of his bat, which might outweigh the extra year of control.    

Exactly, I don’t think his value lined up with how he has played this year. 

Incomplete.  I think he would've liked to move some combination of Givens, Villar, Alberto, Nunez, or Mancini, but only in the right deal for prospects of value. Seems that he didn't get the offers he wanted, so he decided to stay put rather than give them away and take less. For a young GM, I can imagine that wasn't easy to do, so I'll give him credit for that. All of those guys still have team control left, so he can always look to move some of them over the winter.

• Upvote 1