Guys Being Dropped by other Teams; Interested?

Bahama O's Fan

5 minutes ago, makoman said:

As far as I can tell, we have gotten the following that are on the 40 man from either a waiver claim or trade following a DFA. 1/3 of the roster. No reason to ignore a way to get people into the system.

Shawn Armstrong

Richard Bleier

Miguel Castro

Paul Fry

Chandler Shepherd

Tayler Scott

Hanser Alberto

Renato Nunez

Jace Peterson

Jose Rondon

Rio Ruiz

Pedro Severino

Dwight Smith Jr.

Well done.

11 minutes ago, makoman said:

As far as I can tell, we have gotten the following that are on the 40 man from either a waiver claim or trade following a DFA. 1/3 of the roster. No reason to ignore a way to get people into the system.

Shawn Armstrong

Richard Bleier

Miguel Castro

Paul Fry

Chandler Shepherd

Tayler Scott

Hanser Alberto

Renato Nunez

Jace Peterson

Jose Rondon

Rio Ruiz

Pedro Severino

Dwight Smith Jr.

Also Aaron Brooks

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Luis Gohara LH SP ATL Has options, currently recovering from shoulder surgery, turned 23 yesterday, made his debut in 2017 at age 20. Former top prospect. Pre-2018  BA has him as the #28 prospect. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=gohara000lui

There’s talk he won’t pitch ever again. 

And word on the street is that he also has some mental make up issues... like “dude, you need therapy very badly” issues.

EDIT: it would appear he’s had another surgery very recently, like within the last two weeks.

• Upvote 1

The Braves i think are trying to pass him through right now in order to take him off the 40 man and don't think a team will take a chance on him.  They could have put him on the 60 day dl and not have needed the space but then in off season they would have to re add him and they are already going to be in a roster crunch in the off season.  Do it now and hope no one wants to gamble and pay him to be on the 60 man for the rest of the season and pass him through to get him off the 40 man roster.  Little bit of roster manipulation that Dan would love.  

I'd add De La Cruz and drop Shephard in a heart beat.  I think he is similar to Tate didn't work as starter but could be nice bullpen guy coming in throwing mid to upper 90s.  He has more upside then quite a few guys on the 40 man right now.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

And word on the street is that he also has some mental make up issues... like “dude, you need therapy very badly” issues.

EDIT: it would appear he’s had another surgery very recently, like within the last two weeks.

Yeah. Sometimes they are just done. 

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Wow... I hadn't read up on him since last deadline. Thanks for the update.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, bpilktree said:

I'd add De La Cruz and drop Shephard in a heart beat.  I think he is similar to Tate didn't work as starter but could be nice bullpen guy coming in throwing mid to upper 90s.  He has more upside then quite a few guys on the 40 man right now.  

His days of hitting the upper 90s are gone. Too fragile, too many injuries and he's sit more lower to mid 90s these days. I very much doubt his arm could handle going back to back days.

On 8/1/2019 at 8:32 AM, Camden_yardbird said:

So was Asher Wojo

So was JD Martinez

So was ...

Change of scenery matters.  

I completely agree about change of scenery, but I also agree that guys who are dropped are dropped for a reason And that reason remains valid. One would hope that we can pull an Armstrong on everybody we bring in, But we will have to see.

• 2 weeks later...