Guys Being Dropped by other Teams; Interested?

Bahama O's Fan

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

Billy Hamilton?

Honestly, it's a pass from me. We already have a hard enough time finding spots for all these outfielders, 90% of whom are actually infielders. I don't see us adding a speedy defense guy who can't hit. 

But... he's an interesting guy that is out there.

Yeah, though Hamilton is only 28, he's been terrible at the plate his entire career (.622 OPS and 68 OPS+). I'd be surprised if we looked to bring him in, but could see a team in need of a great pinch-runner/base stealing threat to consider adding him down the stretch. 

4 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Yeah, though Hamilton is only 28, he's been terrible at the plate his entire career (.622 OPS and 68 OPS+). I'd be surprised if we looked to bring him in, but could see a team in need of a great pinch-runner/base stealing threat to consider adding him down the stretch. 

Yankees maybe? 

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

Billy Hamilton?

Honestly, it's a pass from me. We already have a hard enough time finding spots for all these outfielders, 90% of whom are actually infielders. I don't see us adding a speedy defense guy who can't hit. 

But... he's an interesting guy that is out there.

Billy Hamilton got dumped? Well he can’t be worse than Broxton and if I remember correctly he offers the same: incredible speed, good defense and leave the bat at home.

53 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

He seems a bit redundant with Cameron Maybin. 

I thought the O's should have signed him in the offseason to create some OF stability. He'll be a free agent again.

I'd take a look at Hamilton if you aren't planning on calling up Hayes or Diaz anytime soon.  His defensive WAR is 1.2.  If Mancini can move to 1B next year, an opening day OF of Santander/Stewart/Hamilton/Wilkerson would be nice to see until Hayes or Diaz can be called up and push someone out.

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I thought the O's should have signed him in the offseason to create some OF stability. He'll be a free agent again.

I'd take a look at Hamilton if you aren't planning on calling up Hayes or Diaz anytime soon.  His defensive WAR is 1.2.  If Mancini can move to 1B next year, an opening day OF of Santander/Stewart/Hamilton/Wilkerson would be nice to see until Hayes or Diaz can be called up and push someone out.

You leaving Mountcastle in Norfolk all year or is he your DH?