I hate the Yankees

25 Nuggets

2 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

You think that's a good staff? 

Yes. Especially because Tanaka is going to rebound. His last 4 starts: 2.84 ERA .217/.287/.315 - .602 OPS, 6 1/3 IP/start, 9.6 SO/9, 2.1 BB/9, 1.026 WHIP. His main issue was the home run ball earlier in the season. And that may still be the issue, but to put things in perspective: Tanaka has better numbers than 3/5 of our staff and he's their #5 (performance wise)...and his numbers are similar to Miley. It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the year if Tanaka has better numbers than the entire rotation.

I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy, but they're doing this right. Average age of their rotation is 28, relievers 28, offense is 27. And their offense is elite. 477 runs scored so far this year or 5.5 R/G. The Orioles have scored 392 (4.5 R/G).

So while their bullpen is having their issues and 1/5 of their rotation is below average...they have the firepower and the youth of their offense to overcome it. 

And that's what sucks about all of this. They're set for the next 4-6 years. Easy.

1 hour ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Since I can't edit, I'd add that I know some Yankees fans that feel that Betances can't get off the team fast enough.

Which is ridiculous. There is definitely something going on with him the last few weeks.

His first 24 appearances: 0.40 ERA, 17.1 SO/9, 5.6 BB/9*, 3.6 H/9, 1.015 WHIP

His last 8: 14.29 ERA, 15.9 SO/9, 19.1 BB/9*, 8.0 H/9, 3.004 WHIP

Not sure where his control went. Velocity doesn't seem amiss, but he can't control his pitches right now. But it just went. I'm sure some of it is mental, but Yankees fans want him off the team just because of blip during the course of a season? I'd love to have him.

3 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

You think that's a good staff? 

Well, it's certainly not bad.    The average starter ERA in the AL is 4.54; the Yankees are at 4.26 (5th) and four of their five starters are better than the league average.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
1 minute ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I thought we could have won at least one of these games. 

Astros, you are our last hope.

Not just the Astros.  The Yanks most likely have to get through the Twins or Indians too -- two very good teams.