What impact will Hays, Mountcastle and Stewart have in 2020?

wildcard

2 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I can understand that, but a month of baseball there should give the organization an idea of if he can play there. He was playing first base when I saw Norfolk early and he seemed at least average there.

The few quotes I’ve seen were pretty positive, but they were all from coaches or teammates who would have an incentive to say encouraging things.    So, hard to know.   

18 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Mountcastle played 26 games in LF and 84 at 1B. That might give us a hint as to where the organization expects him to play in the majors.

I could easily be wrong on this but it seemed like he was spending a higher percentage of time in the outfield toward the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Mountcastle played 26 games in LF and 84 at 1B. That might give us a hint as to where the organization expects him to play in the majors.

I think the hint might come from the fact he played most of those games in left in August - or at least it seemed that way.