3.   Hunter Harvey, Ryan Mountcastle, DL Hall

4.   Chance Sisco, Dean Kremer, Ryan Mountcastle 

5.   DL Hall, Yusniel Diaz, Austin Hays

6.   DJ Stewart, Austin Hays, Yusniel Diaz

7.    Alex Wells, Hunter Harvey, Michael Baumann

8.    Anthony Santander, Zac Lowther, Zac Lowther

9.    Keegan Akin, Blaine Knight, Gunnar Henderson

10.   Cedric Mullins, Brenan Hanifee, Hunter Harvey

Of the 2017 top 10, four (Sisco, Stewart, Santander and Mullins) have graduated.    It says a lot, IMO, that the other two who have slipped off, Wells and Akin, have actually had solid success since then.    They’ve merely been supplanted by others who’ve done even better.

Nobody graduated from the 2018 list.    Of the 3 who dropped off, Kremer had a decent year, though his stuff wasn’t as good as the prior year.    Knight and Hanifee both kind of stalled at Frederick.    

Overall, 2019 is the deepest of the three lists IMO and even the next 10 will have several legit major league prospects.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It’s interesting to compare the OH top 10 from 2017-19:

1.   Austin Hays, DL Hall, Adley Rutschman

2.   Ryan Mountcastle, Grayson Rodriguez, Grayson Rodriguez 

3.   Hunter Harvey, Ryan Mountcastle, DL Hall

4.   Chance Sisco, Dean Kremer, Ryan Mountcastle 

5.   DL Hall, Yusniel Diaz, Austin Hays

6.   DJ Stewart, Austin Hays, Yusniel Diaz

7.    Alex Wells, Hunter Harvey, Michael Baumann

8.    Anthony Santander, Zac Lowther, Zac Lowther

9.    Keegan Akin, Blaine Knight, Gunnar Henderson

10.   Cedric Mullins, Brenan Hanifee, Hunter Harvey

Of the 2017 top 10, four (Sisco, Stewart, Santander and Mullins) have graduated.    It says a lot, IMO, that the other two who have slipped off, Wells and Akin, have actually had solid success since then.    They’ve merely been supplanted by others who’ve done even better.

Nobody graduated from the 2018 list.    Of the 3 who dropped off, Kremer had a decent year, though his stuff wasn’t as good as the prior year.    Knight and Hanifee both kind of stalled at Frederick.    

Overall, 2019 is the deepest of the three lists IMO and even the next 10 will have several legit major league prospects.

I think last year, I noticed that the first eight prospects had FV values of 50 or more,  but only one prospect with an FV of 60 or better, and I think that was Diaz. The number nine prospect was the first guy who had a below average FV of 45.

I’m not positive, but I think we’ve made it to our first 10 this year, and all of them have FV’s of 50 or better.

Depth is important, and I think we have it now, and we will have it forever, because the days of dumb trades and devaluing drafts picks are over.