Adam Jones signs 2-year deal with Orix Buffaloes

MurphDogg

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He didn't want to move family to Philly at the deadline because of changing up their routine  now going move them to Japan with a different language and culture.  ok

Easier to change routines and plan for a couple years than for two months. This is a multi-year contract, stability is a selling point.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I went in June. Caught a Yakult Swallows game in Tokyo (actually vs Oryx). Nori Aoki was celebrating some milestone before the game but I could not tell what they were saying. My wife was the one who wanted to go to Japan. Catching a game there was literally my only request for the itinerary but she was delighted to oblige.

That sounds like a great time. I've been eyeing that Hiroshima tee on this website for awhile. https://www.ebbets.com/collections/shirts/league_japanese-baseball

• Upvote 1

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Orix finished sixth and last in the Pacific League last year, but did lead all of NPB with 7 ties. (Makes me think there may be a few rule differences.)

http://npb.jp/bis/eng/2019/standings/

It would be interesting for the Orioles and Buffs to swap teams for this season. 

I'm sure the Brothers Angelos would love to.  Looks like the payroll for 2019 was ~20M.

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

He didn't want to move family to Philly at the deadline because of changing up their routine  now going move them to Japan with a different language and culture.  ok

He didn’t want to go to Philly and be a bench player heading into free agency.