The Astros and Red Sox Punishments

weams

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

No.

He will be under much greater scrutiny, of course, but he’s aware of that and will be treading the straight and narrow path for the foreseeable future.

There’s no warned like forewarned

How will he be under more scrutiny than the Yankees and Blue Jays who we already warned/undersuspcion of technical violations? I mean the Yankees used the Apple watches. Toronto had a dedicated real time video room in the hotel. 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

No.

He will be under much greater scrutiny, of course, but he’s aware of that and will be treading the straight and narrow path for the foreseeable future.

There’s no warned like forewarned

I don't really see anyone in Baltimore under any scrutiny, outside of the OH, some other websites, blogs and diehard twitter users.  Let's be real here, what's happening on Baltimore isn't on any national reporters radar, it's not even close.  When you're as bad as we are, no one cares.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I don't really see anyone in Baltimore under any scrutiny, outside of the OH, some other websites, blogs and diehard twitter users.  Let's be real here, what's happening on Baltimore isn't on any national reporters radar, it's not even close.  When you're as bad as we are, no one cares.  

Well, Ken. If Ken sniffs a seafood odor he's on it. 

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ken and I will be dining at Sotto Sopra on Thursday evening if you'd like to join.  I'd invite @TonySoprano but he's stood us up so many times that his standing offer to join has been rescinded.

We will probably be on the road to beat the storm by Thursday.  I already switched mail. So maybe next time. My best to him. Make sure you slouch and don't wear heels. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Our competitive balance round and 2nd round pick are starting to look nicer and nicer, not only are they going to happen sooner, but the Astros and presumably the Red Sox are going to not pick before us now.  Here is praying we don’t screw this up.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing.  Every little bit helps/.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You can't go on a witch hunt and charge every team.  You severely punish the Astros and Red Soxs as a deterrent to other teams.   The penalties are more of a way of stopping this in the tracks now instead of trying to find everyone involved. 

For all of the cheating that goes on in baseball, this punishment seems unbelievably harsh.  The folks who came up with and implemented the scheme get away scot-free while the unaware GM gets fired because he is the guy at the top.  The lost draft picks have enormous value.  

That said, I do believe that any baseball cheating that does not involve the 25 man MLB roster and the coaches (anything that is not old fashion sign stealing) should involve a punishment.  Any cheating that occurs with a camera on the catcher or the base coaches should be punishable IMO.

I would like to see MLB have the owner, GM and coach of each organization sign a statement that they are unaware and have not participated in any cheating scheme of any sort.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, weams said:

How will he be under more scrutiny than the Yankees and Blue Jays who we already warned/undersuspcion of technical violations? I mean the Yankees used the Apple watches. Toronto had a dedicated real time video room in the hotel. 

He wont do it, but he also won’t attempt to do it. Toronto and New York will do what they do. Regarding @Moose Milligan‘S Comment, nobody’s going to pay intention to us unless there is reason to do so, but when there is reason to do so, we don’t want them to look deep and find something, so I’m pretty sure that Mike will make sure there will be nothing to find.

And of course people are going to pay attention to us, because Mike just came from that environment, and people are going to quite reasonably say, “is Mike going to do the same thing that Luhnow did?”

1 minute ago, Philip said:

He wont do it, but he also won’t attempt to do it. Toronto and New York will do what they do. Regarding @Moose Milligan‘S Comment, nobody’s going to pay intention to us unless there is reason to do so, but when there is reason to do so, we don’t want them to look deep and find something, so I’m pretty sure that Mike will make sure there will be nothing to find.

And of course people are going to pay attention to us, because Mike just came from that environment, and people are going to quite reasonably say, “is Mike going to do the same thing that Luhnow did?”

Na. It's pretty much a League issue. If I were the Nats I'd be looking over my shoulder. They hit some real good pitches. In several series. 

• Upvote 1