The Astros and Red Sox Punishments

weams

Just now, LookinUp said:

Houston could hire Sig without giving us any compensation. It would be a promotion

But he has a contract, and Houston would have to negotiate with Baltimore in order to get him released from his contract. 

I don’t know for a fact that he has a contract, but I’m sure he has a contract of at least three years.

3 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

True. My main question that I probably worded poorly was what if Houston and Boston have dirt on other teams and can prove they used tech as well to steal signs and potentially other nefarious things

It would not be any benefit for them to do that.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think it's only natural for the fanbase of the other team who's embroiled in the MASN fiasco to hope that the Nats were dirty, too.

I have only circumstantial evidence. And Rizzo of course. Protege of Jim Bowden. Ask Ken about them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

But he has a contract, and Houston would have to negotiate with Baltimore in order to get him released from his contract. 

I don’t know for a fact that he has a contract, but I’m sure he has a contract of at least three years.

No. Those are not the rules.  A promotion negates those issues. 

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Houston could hire Sig without giving us any compensation. It would be a promotion. Note, I'm just speculating; hoping they don't go there. 

Elias certainly didn't bring this cheating to the Orioles, unless of course he was giving other teams access to our video replay room so we could tank even better. 

Certainly seems like he knew the signs and told the Davis the wrong information on purpose.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

What would the guidelines say? Would they punish people for violations?

Sure, the following is against the rules

a

b

c

They will be punished in the following ways

d

e

f.

Steroids, international cheating, this issue.  Baseball is big on come up with penalties after the sheep have left their pens.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

These contracts all have exit clauses for promotions. All the Astros would have to do is request permission to interview him. The O's wouldn't, and likely couldn't, say no. It would up end the entire hiring process in sports.

Seems an academic point though since it appears the Astros are hiring /promoting someone else.