Should we go after Jeff Luhnow?

Moose Milligan

Just now, weams said:

Wash smoked the crack and got back. On skilz. 

Right.  Top-tier managers are like ACEs - there aren't enough to go around and they'll always be in demand.  By all accounts, Hinch is a skilled manager, well liked by his players and respected by his peers (well, until today, maybe).  If he's as good as his record would indicate, I think his transgressions will be overlooked in time...  

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I think Hinch will get a job after he does his time, his apology was much better. I think Luhnow will likely move on our of baseball. It would take a bold owner to hire him, and teams don't like rocking the boat like they used to.

Reading the commissioner's report about how Hinch "did not like" the cheating, but instead of telling his coach & players to stop, instead on two occasions he physically destroyed the monitors so they had to be replaced.

To me that is the opposite of what I would expect from a leader.  Almost seems childish and passive-aggressive.   If you want it stopped, take charge nad stop it.

I would have to think anyone would think twice about putting him in a leadership position knowing that.

2 hours ago, jjnono said:

Right.  Top-tier managers are like ACEs - there aren't enough to go around and they'll always be in demand.  By all accounts, Hinch is a skilled manager, well liked by his players and respected by his peers (well, until today, maybe).  If he's as good as his record would indicate, I think his transgressions will be overlooked in time...  

Managers make so little difference in baseball that I don’t see why teams would be rushing to hire him.  He couldnt even control his team. I think Lunhow gets hired after the World Series. He has made good trades to acquire pitching.  I am sure someone will hire him the day after the World Series ends.

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I think Hinch will get a job after he does his time, his apology was much better. I think Luhnow will likely move on out of baseball. It would take a bold owner to hire him, and teams don't like rocking the boat like they used to.

I think Hinch gets a job eventually. He doesn't look terrible in the report and showed remorse. Baseball is always hiring, firing, and re-hiring the same dudes - so I think he gets at least a coaching position somewhere once things calm down.

Luhnow is a trickier case. It seems like a lot of other GMs straight-up hate the Astros Front Office. His opportunities might be limited. But, I wouldn't be surprised if someone hires him to work in a non-public-facing position.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

I think Hinch gets a job eventually. He doesn't look terrible in the report and showed remorse. Baseball is always hiring, firing, and re-hiring the same dudes - so I think he gets at least a coaching position somewhere once things calm down.

Luhnow is a trickier case. It seems like a lot of other GMs straight-up hate the Astros Front Office. His opportunities might be limited. But, I wouldn't be surprised if someone hires him to work in a non-public-facing position.

Other GMs won’t be the ones hiring him it will be the owners.