Hyde on David Hess' improvement

wildcard

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Now a HBP.  BS rally.  
    • I don’t even know how to keep up with this post.  From day one, I always said I expected one 55 FV and one 50 FV for Cease plus an interesting third piece.  My hypothetical for you guys was one of Cowser or Kjerstad plus Ortiz plus an interesting third piece (not even a top 10 guy given strength of your system).  We ended up getting a 55 FV pitcher in Thorpe, a 50 FV pitcher in Iriarte, a 45 FV prospect in Zavala, and an interesting controllable reliever.  This is definitely less than what I wanted from you guys as positional prospects are worth more than pitching prospects, but generally speaking it’s a similar construct.  For some reason though, you use Pipeline as the Bible for prospects who happened to be the lowest on these guys.  And you also view a guy as being a top 100 or not a top 100 prospect, when there are lots of 50 FV prospects who don’t make the cut and are directionally the same value. Regardless, I don’t know what this has to do with your absurd Crochet + Robert proposal.  Like no way in hell is Luis Robert worth that little.  Norby is a RH, all bat prospect who has regressed some in his latest go around in AAA.  His value is much lower than you think it is.  And while I do like Bradfield, the dude isn’t an exactly lighting it on fire in High A (his wRC+ is less than Zavala’s, the guy you were just ripping, despite being three years older at the same level).  It’s a laughable offer for a guy who may be the best positional player at the deadline and who will have 3 1/3 years of control left.  He are way too focused on BA or something if you think that could land him.
    • I like reading the posts of @SteveA in the game thread. Always well-considered, with some substance and often some quick off-the-cuff research. Not to say that I’m always 100% in agreement, but it’s always a thinking man’s contribution to the game thread.
    • It was a way different game back then.  Starters went 300 innings a year.  
    • Thoroughly enjoyed that. Not a clue what she’s saying and don’t care. How fun
    • 8 pitchers on the roster for a season.   You can see 8 pitch one game some nights.  
    • Ugh. 4 pitch walk, really?
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now