MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

8 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

The two times I’ve been to the store the fresh produce has been well stocked.  Frozen vegetables have been wiped out. I think your seeing a trend of people purchasing more things they can stock to reduce the amount of trips needed.  Frozen vegetables, canned goods, soups, and pasta are hard to find.  My plan with produce is to buy berries, bananas, and oranges and eat them in that order more or less.  I guess eggs are hard to find because people are cooking at home more (dunno).  I can do without them.

I have plenty of can goods, rice, and frozen vegetables and fruit as I stocked up on those back in mid-February.   Plus you could order all that stuff online back then.  Really haven't touched much of the can goods yet. 

I wonder if soup kitchen and Pantries for the needy get a whole lot of donations when this is over. 

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Really are you even reading what I am saying.  SCHOOLS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN SPECTATOR SPORTS.  Almost all governments will not allow baseball to happen.  They aren't' going to let a traveling virus show hit their town.   They can go play in Brazil like the UFC if they want to but it isn't going to happen here in the US.  The players will never go to a third world country. But you can live in your fantasy land if you want.  

And the sports would take a tremendous backlash by even attempting something like you suggest.

Truthfully we don’t know what governments will be thinking by June.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

I am working from home. Luckily my job is pretty essential.   But I have worked from home since last fall.   So nothing new on that part. Last left the house for other than a walk around the neighborhood or in the backyard was a week and a half ago to pick up distance learning material from daughters school.   Had groceries delivered a few days ago. Also subscribe to Blue Apron to get some meal kits.  Wife is being paid to stay home.  So that helps with daughter being out of school. 

Doing push-ups and jumping jacks at home along with walks to try and keep in shape.  Last weekend was pretty tough as it rained all weekend.  I did some hikes in the woods previously.  Hope to find some empty trails this weekend.  

Not sure why there seems to be a shortage of eggs. Luckily I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and surprisingly there doesn't seem to be any shortage of them.  

I've been walking a quite a bit (keeping my distance). Also have a recumbent bike in the basement so that helps on the bad weather days. There's such a loose definition of "essential" that my company qualifies, but I've also been fortunate enough to work from home. I think it's the isolation that's bothered me the most. More than I thought it would. Phone calls, Facetime, Skype, etc. just aren't the same.

In my neck of the woods (Howard County) the only things there seem to be a shortage of are toilet paper / paper towels, hand soap / sanitizer, cleaning supplies, and occasionally meats. I'd honestly like to know where the people who are hoarding these supplies are putting everything. 

2 hours ago, backwardsk said:

We got the order to start working from home on 3/16.  It is a huge cultural change for the organization I support.  Since 3/13 I’ve been to the grocery store twice, ordered from Amazon once, picked up Chipotle once, and ordered pizza once.  I’m used to eating lunch out everyday, so this has been a big change. Silver lining, I gave up soda cold turkey.  Wrapping up three weeks tomorrow.  I can notice some weight dropping, but don’t want to go out and replace the batteries in my scale!

That's funny. I had a similar incident with my scale. It takes one of those strange circular batteries and I managed to find a spare in my junk drawer.

17 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Im the opposite. Home all day means unfettered grazing and beer drinking.

Instead of the Freshman 15 I’m just calling it the Covid 19.

From past history I know that I can average close to a pound a day if I stay inactive for a period of time.

4 hours ago, rudyrooster said:

With each day that passes, I  find it less likely that we will see a 2020 MLB season.  Covid-19 cases are still on the rise nationwide.  There are so many unknowns with this right now.  I truly miss baseball but am willing to do without for the greater good of our nation and planet.

If things get pushed into July/August - they should just forget about a typical season and do some sort of bracket/tournament thing. Like a NCAA Basketball tournament, but with a best of five series each matchup. Losing teams keep playing in a consolation bracket. That could be really fun.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

From past history I know that I can average close to a pound a day if I stay inactive for a period of time.

Gaining 7 pounds a week seems pretty extreme.  I have been losing weight as I have just been eating healthy food. I had to put another notch in my belt.

16 hours ago, atomic said:

Luckily I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and surprisingly there doesn't seem to be any shortage of them.  

Unfortunately there will be a shortage. There's no one to do the picking.  Foreign workers aren't allowed in and, heaven forbid, if any of the younger set in this country will do manual labor.  If it wasn't for aged knees and back muscles, I wouldn't hesitate.