MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

16 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Got to wonder what happens if the season does get severely shortened or cancelled.  Obviously a team like Dodgers who traded a lot of q year of Mookie are going to what some reparations.

The shorter the schedule gets, the better off the Orioles are.  Remember last July when they had a run where they won like nine out of 13?  If the season is just two weeks long the O's have a nearly realistic chance of making the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I would not trust anything China tells us, they hid this, and they have underreported the numbers, so why believe this?

i believe nothing until we do more RCT's and then see data from NY and other places. Just right now we are hoping the data looks good on Chloroquine. Right now just anecdotal evidence.  

Talking to someone at the hospital ,if we do a real lockdown  there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps even a very short baseball season. 2 MIT scientists think it could be seasonal. But no one knows for sure and learning new things every day. But the next few weeks will be hard. Washington state might be the first state to bend the curve since they are two or three weeks ahead of New York and over a month ahead of some Southern states.

14 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

i believe nothing until we do more RCT's and then see data from NY and other places. Just right now we are hoping the data looks good on Chloroquine. Right now just anecdotal evidence.  

Talking to someone at the hospital ,if we do a real lockdown  there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps even a very short baseball season. 2 MIT scientists think it could be seasonal. But no one knows for sure and learning new things every day. But the next few weeks will be hard. Washington state might be the first state to bend the curve since they are two or three weeks ahead of New York and over a month ahead of some Southern states.

I agree, but, I also thought there was multiple countries, like Australia doing their own testing and the results were promising.

26 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The shorter the schedule gets, the better off the Orioles are.  Remember last July when they had a run where they won like nine out of 13?  If the season is just two weeks long the O's have a nearly realistic chance of making the playoffs.

image.png?w=400&c=1

Sorry, somebody had to do it.  ?

• Upvote 1

The next Dr. Fauci? 

A self-described “nasty moths f–ker” licked a row of deodorant at a Missouri Walmart, and then asked, “Who’s scared of coronavirus?” revolting video shows.

The unsanitary suspect — identified by Warrenton police as 26-year-old Cody Lee Pfister — can be seen sliding his tongue across a row of personal hygiene products during the 5-second video clip posted to Twitter.

“Don’t touch your mouth,” Pfister says after his disgusting deed.

Pfister’s tongue appeared to touch several products during the quick video, which included the caption: “I’m a nasty moths f–ker!!!”

Pfister, of Warrenton, has been charged by Warren County prosecutors with making a terrorist threat in the second degree. He was arrested on March 23 at a residence in Warrenton after the March 11 incident at the Walmart, Lt. Justin Unger told The Post.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/man-licked-deodorant-at-walmart-while-saying-coronavirus-cops/

36 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

As for China.as someone told me since they say they have no new domestic cases which seems strange in  a country of over 1 billion people  at this stage of the pandemic seems statistically improbable.  I guess the caveat they use is no new domestic cases.

I dont even buy their claims of no new domestic cases.

Sorry, I dont trust them, keep in mind their government controls everything there.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Yes,Also the GE -Ford ventilator project will take time. Training,revamping a production line ,etc. Ford says the ventilators won't really be ready in full till around June. 

By June the peak might be over the way this is spreading. They need to work a lot faster.  Probably better to be nice to the Chinese as they can make things a lot quicker.  

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

The difference between being a coward and a hero is not whether you're scared, its what you do while you're scared.

"What is cowardice but the body's wisdom of its weakness? What is bravery but the body's wisdom of its strength. The coward and the hero march together within every man. So to call one man 'coward' and another 'brave' merely serves to indicate the possibilities of their achieving the opposite." - Master Po

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I was thinking along the same lines. I'm going to start saving money for playoff tickets. 

33 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

This virus will have multiple cycles. You really think teams will want to fly into NYC??? Other hit areas? Have games in September, October when a new cycle begins? MLB and the Players' Association had better be working on a plan for the worse case scenario.

A little dark humor, I present to you the 2020 Yankees team MVP:

sars-cov-19.jpg