MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

I hope my daughter is able to play in her soccer league in the fall. She would be the oldest person in her league as she beat the cut off day a few days and we have been practicing a lot with the stay at home order.  She most likely would be the best player in the league.  Which would be fun.  

15 minutes ago, atomic said:

Trump also said the country would be open back up at Easter.  You forget that their are taxes on tickets sales.   8 percent of your ticket price for Orioles games goes to the Stadium authority.  

I wonder how old you are? You seem oblivious to anything related to facts.  Totally disregard the power of teacher's unions and their political clout.  

In addition the Orioles pay the state 25 percent of net stadium advertising revenues, 50 percent of net parking revenues, 9 percent of concessions sales and 10 percent of suite and club-level revenues.

Per Tony's comment and respect to him, you want to engage me further, DM.  Otherwise, I will ignore you further.  

• Upvote 1

KBO is streaming intrasquad games on YouTube according to ESPN alert I got with spring training games starting April 21.  Not sure if Tyler Wilson is over there still, but I think I will watch to either see how the experiment goes or to just watch some baseball.  Apparently first player to get sick suspends play for two weeks.  I'm going to go ahead and assume they get delayed two weeks, since Nippon had 3 players test positive, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. 

Almost forgot Hyun Soo Kim too.

Edited by jarman86

21 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The virus will dictate where we are with sports. If it is seasonal and goes away in the summer,then we probably have all the leagues started. If one of the six or seven antivirals work and not just anecdotally that would help also. At best all a guess . Especially if it comes back with a vengeance in the fall. Not sure how many people will attend games at the beginning either with no cure or vaccine. 

Well, if China's indicative of anything, maybe more people will attend than you think.  Did you see the images from China of thousands of people packed in lines to get into parks?  Granted seemed all were wearing masks, but good god, talk about the resurrection of a virus.  At least at Orioles games, we could all have 6 ft separation from each other lol.  

9 minutes ago, jarman86 said:

Well, if China's indicative of anything, maybe more people will attend than you think.  Did you see the images from China of thousands of people packed in lines to get into parks?  Granted seemed all were wearing masks, but good god, talk about the resurrection of a virus.  At least at Orioles games, we could all have 6 ft separation from each other lol.  

All TBD.They did a survey last week about people going to entertainment and sporting events and 65% said they would wait for a vaccine or cure.Of course,people in the US change with the wind on most subjects. I think Germany might be the first one in Europe to come out of lockdown. Might get an idea 

China ,I would not trust for any definitive answer. According to SIGINT and other intelligence their death numbers are closer to 40,000.

32 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

All TBD.They did a survey last week about people going to entertainment and sporting events and 65% said they would wait for a vaccine or cure.Of course,people in the US change with the wind on most subjects. I think Germany might be the first one in Europe to come out of lockdown. Might get an idea 

China ,I would not trust for any definitive answer. According to SIGINT and other intelligence their death numbers are closer to 40,000.

I'm not saying I trust China information, I'm just saying the pictures of people flooding to public places with their new recent lift is crazy.  American reporters are reporting from public squares and what not filled with people.  Also, I don't read much into surveys either.  

KBO is the one I'm interested in.  Seems like on the Asian continent, they've recovered/handled theirs the best (knock on wood).  I did see Bundesliga teams are starting to return to practice too.  

29 minutes ago, George said:

Jarman86's analogy with private schools is flawed. Good private schools, like Gilman and Johns Hopkins, are non-profits. The for-profit private schools are an educational joke.

Actually the cost of attending those schools is less than the cost of the schools to provide classes.