How and when will MLB resume in 2020? Update: Owners Agree - Proposal Submitted to Union

PaulFolk

59 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Looks like remdesivir is a good treatment for people who are bad enough to get hospitalized, and may cut the mortality rate by 30%.

It's not a magic bullet or a cure-all.   But it's very encouraging, at any rate.

It doesn’t cut mortality rate. No study has shown that.

6 hours ago, atomic said:

It doesn’t cut mortality rate. No study has shown that.

No study has proven it cuts mortality rate. They have shown it does. Plus the positive benefit of reducing hospital stay by 4 days, freeing up resources.

1 hour ago, survivedc said:

No study has proven it cuts mortality rate. They have shown it does. Plus the positive benefit of reducing hospital stay by 4 days, freeing up resources.

I already showed you on the site you listed that it showed it didn’t,  

6 hours ago, atomic said:

I already showed you on the site you listed that it showed it didn’t,  

It literally did cut deaths in the study though. It may not be enough to prove it is a life saving drug but more people survived who took the drug than those that didn’t. 

19 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's understandable that the system would crash under such a sudden increase in usage.  However it is a travesty that the problem has persisted this long.  It should have been an immediate priority.

No different here in Md. The system is overwhelmed with the additional demand and all online as the offices are closed.

Sadly, the government said you could apply for partial benefits, if your fulltime job reduced your hours due to COVID issues. I know of one company that cut their full timers back and told them. If you apply for benefits, apply for full benefits as you will no longer be working here.

40 minutes ago, survivedc said:

It literally did cut deaths in the study though. It may not be enough to prove it is a life saving drug but more people survived who took the drug than those that didn’t. 

My life was spared due to hyrdroxchlorquine and yet. There are so many "experts" on social media claiming things they know nothing about, citing incorrect studies as their "PROOF".

Its mind boggling to me.

17 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Pretty wild story in the Post today about Andre Dawson.  The HOFer owns and operates a funeral home in Miami.  He talks about providing comfort while social distancing and the expectation of increased volume due to COVID-19.

So far, my extended family has had 2 age related deaths that nobody was surprised about. The really sad thing is, neither funeral was attended by live bodies. They did the preacher thing in the funeral home with live streaming online.

Report: NBA expects to need about 15,000 coronavirus tests to restart season amid pandemic

(Can’t figure out why I can’t copy article from Yahoo! App)

Silver says they won’t bid on 15k tests if there continues to be a shortage nationwide.  But if enough tests are produced for the country, then there could be a path to the playoffs in Vegas or Orlando.

23 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I can not speak as an informed source.

Perception to me, they have one of the richest owners in MLB, and its almost like he runs the team on a shoestring budget, never keeping home grown talent and rewarding them, but replacing them with younger and cheaper ones.

Yes, their attendance sucks.

Yes, their stadium sucks.

I suspect they would have problems in a new stadium and $5 tickets,

I know of one way they could get rid of that stadium.  Unfortunately, it doesn't snow there, unlike in Minnesota.

Jz9O.gif

3 hours ago, survivedc said:

The difference was not statistically significant.  That means there is a decent probability that the difference was by chance.  If you flip a coin 10 times and it comes up heads 6 times it doesn't mean the coin is 60 percent chance of coming up heads in the future.  The Chinese study that Gilead performed had people who took the drug dying more frequently than placebo. 

Most likely the drug will not help and it will have big side effects and it will waste doctors and nurses time to give the drug as it has to be given intravenously. 

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

My life was spared due to hyrdroxchlorquine and yet. There are so many "experts" on social media claiming things they know nothing about, citing incorrect studies as their "PROOF".

Its mind boggling to me.

Yeah the heck with science.  Lets use one person's experience as the basis to widely prescribe a drug with horrible side effects.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Yeah the heck with science.  Lets use one person's experience as the basis to widely prescribe a drug with horrible side effects.  

What do you know about science?

Your crap gets really really old in here.

horrible side effects? Really, dont you think you are hyped up and gone over the edge?

Yes, long term studies, said it hurts your retinas if on it for more than 10 years. Repeat 10 years

Look at the facts, other countries were using it before the US with good results.

A 3rd party survey site did a survey of 6K doctors and said, what is the best way you have found to treat COVID. is Hyrdroxchoroquine and zpack.

You are a real piece of work.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1