Win total over/under betting numbers

SteveA

60 games...largely against AL EAST.  No way the O's win 20.  Am I wrong?  In 2019 they played to 54-108 or .333.  This year, they have traded away talent, still lack pitching and will play essentially against AL East, all of whom will be miles better than Baltimore.

20.5/60 would be a .341 record.  Certainly stranger things have happened.  But I'd be pleased with 15 wins and I think the true over under should be 18.

But I aint a gamblin man so that's just speculation....

Lots of posters saying pitching will still be terrible but it has a chance to be better IMO. A healthy Cobb can give you Bundy's stats. Means and Wojo repeat last years stats but Milone and LeBlanc have a good chance to improve on last years dregs that got rotation starts. Your bullpen expands so you only need 4-5 innings from SP and there are a lot of 1-2 inning arms in the pen. I'm not saying they will be good, just better than 2019. With improved defense there should be fewer blowouts. We will struggle on offense but get to see what the young bats do against ML pitchers. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OsEatAlEast said:

Sometimes I wonder if the O's pitching staff was so bad because of the tipping of pitches through tech. With the league at least giving lip service to it. Maybe all the homers O's pitching gives up will subside. One can hope I guess.

And that the MFYs were stealing signs.

Along with Toronto, Bosox, etc.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What makes this shortened season more interesting is there is a greater chance of a "hot streak" by one team having a greater impact. A team, like the O's, could surprise everyone and have a greater chance at the playoffs 

They’ve done no better than 24-36 in any 60-game stretch over the last two years.