Trying to Salvage a Game (vs. MARLINS, 8/06)

OFFNY

o

SEAN MICHAEL ARMSTRONG

Entered the game with a runner on 3rd base, and only 1 out ........ he stranded that runner by striking out Berti, and getting Cervelli to line out.

He pitched an additional inning, getting all 3 batters that he faced.

5 Up, 5 Down.

21 Pitches )(14 )Strikes,)7 )Balls.)

o

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Ball came *really* fast. Got it by pure reflex. I still had some decent reflexes then as it was my last year of over 30's league baseball. We were still playing.

I got another the next year on the other side of the field, sort of just under the club seats. A foul ball hit a seat a few rows in front of me and skipped like a rock on a pond and then into my chest. I trapped it. Had a beer in the other hand!

Nice.  I've never gotten an in game ball.  Have about 10 BP balls I caught in the bleachers at Memorial Stadium by the foul pole.

I've botched a couple opportunities for in game balls and a friend sitting next to me has caught 3.  The Valentin ball, an Al Oliver foul way down the 3B line at Memorial Stadium (same friend as the Valentin ball), and a Bobby No foul down the 3B line at a playoff game at OPACY in this at bat, a few pitches before:

• Upvote 1