I'm Ready for Mountcastle and Diaz: Mountcastle Up, Diaz Still Waiting

ChuckS

With Arrieta on the mound, I can not think of a good reason not to have Sisco in the lineup.  This is not your normal day game after a night game with a 4pm start time.  

Although, taking a step from my Sisco fandom.  Who was catching the suspended game against the Nats?  I'm sure that Sisco will play in one of the games tomorrow.  Just want this kid - he's still young even though he's been in the system since the 2013 draft -  to get the most at bats at catcher.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

With Arrieta on the mound, I can not think of a good reason not to have Sisco in the lineup.  This is not your normal day game after a night game with a 4pm start time.  

Although, taking a step from my Sisco fandom.  Who was catching the suspended game against the Nats?  I'm sure that Sisco will play in one of the games tomorrow.  Just want this kid - he's still young even though he's been in the system since the 2013 draft -  to get the most at bats at catcher.

It’s just wrong that he’s not getting more at bats

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s just wrong that he’s not getting more at bats

Normally agree but today I don't have a problem.   He caught last night, day game after a night game, pseudo-doubleheeader so he'll definitely see action tomorrow.  Two righties coming up out of 3 regular games vs Washington.   And it looks like they wanted Iglesias' bat in the lineup so they are using the DH spot for him today, maybe the quad is still sore.   At least Iggy at DH gets Davis out of the lineup (as Nunez moves to 1B).

25 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And it looks like they wanted Iglesias' bat in the lineup so they are using the DH spot for him today, maybe the quad is still sore.   At least Iggy at DH gets Davis out of the lineup (as Nunez moves to 1B).

Well, I am for anything that gets Davis out of the lineup (hopefully off the roster some time soon).

I can see wanting to give Dwight Smith more of a look.  He's in his second full season of MLB and there's a chance he could improve at the plate enough to be a reasonable DH option.  

But Chris Davis is just a disaster.  He can't even play average defense anymore and his bat is the same limp noodle it's been for the last 2+ seasons.  There is no justification for keeping him on the roster and in the lineup at Mountcastle's expense.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

How could anyone capable of rational thought need more evidence?

The only reason to keep him on the roster is because we have an active pandemic going on and the season (or next) could be canceled at any time.

And the Orioles could save an extraordinary amount of money for hanging on to him for 37 more games if that is the case. A month. Plus he could get injured. 

16 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I can see wanting to give Dwight Smith more of a look.  He's in his second full season of MLB and there's a chance he could improve at the plate enough to be a reasonable DH option.  

But Chris Davis is just a disaster.  He can't even play average defense anymore and his bat is the same limp noodle it's been for the last 2+ seasons.  There is no justification for keeping him on the roster and in the lineup at Mountcastle's expense.

The DH option is required to have extreme power in the modern game. 

4 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

His OPS was .726 3 days ago. And his career minor league OPS is .750. I don't think he has any value with his terrible defense.

He's hitting .556 over his last three games.  Have you not considered that the coaching has finally taken hold, and that he might be a late bloomer?  If he hits .300 over his next six to nine plate appearances he's probably a nugget, and might be a target for an extension.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He's hitting .556 over his last three games.  Have you not considered that the coaching has finally taken hold, and that he might be a late bloomer?  If he hits .300 over his next six to nine plate appearances he's probably a nugget, and might be a target for an extension.

Or we could trade him for pitching.

• Upvote 1