Going for the Sweep (vs. NATIONALS, 8/09)

OFFNY

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

With Judge and Stanton both out they'd probably only win 18 out of 20.  All the O's have to do is win those first two.

You're right, we need to pass Tampa and grab that #4 or #5 seed.   Then we'd likely face the 2nd place Central team.

• Haha 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Did he?  Wasn't watching.  Back in the day he was 99+ pretty much every fastball.

I wasn't wastchig either.   Was listening on the radio driving home from work and pretty sure I recall (Arnold?) say he was at 99 on one pitch.

I gotta hand  it to the O’s and 105.7 The Fan. In a rain delay, MASN syndicates whatever is on ESPN. The Fan interviews Brooks Robinson live! Like, there’s no comparison. If we’re in a rain delay, TUNE IN to the radio. Love it!

They also played a rerun of the 1989 Why Not 30 year anniversary celebration earlier.

46 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Didn't he hit 99 today?

Yes twice and a 98.  Once on the black outside and the ump blew the call because Holaday was set up high.  Then the K of Difo was 99 again on the following pitch

Edited by bobmc