No more argument to play Chris Davis

accinfo

17 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does he?

Was he hired to do what he is doing?

If you were as good at your job as Davis is at his would you stay employed?

I'm sorry Mr. Corn - wasn't trying to get into a philosophical debate about the semantics of the word "job." ? My point was that he shows up, does what he's told, just donated a big chunk of change to UMD's Children's Hosptial, etc. It's not like he's out there like TO talking about how Donovan McNabb sucks to the media or running off to Vegas in the middle of the season with Carmen Electra like Dennis Rodman. That's a "circus." He's just a bad baseball player.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

I'm sorry Mr. Corn - wasn't trying to get into a philosophical debate about the semantics of the word "job." ? My point was that he shows up, does what he's told, just donated a big chunk of change to UMD's Children's Hosptial, etc. It's not like he's out there like TO talking about how Donovan McNabb sucks to the media or running off to Vegas in the middle of the season with Carmen Electra like Dennis Rodman. That's a "circus." He's just a bad baseball player.

Oh so this is on Hyde for not telling him to hit dongs!  ?

Edited by Can_of_corn
Trying it out.
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CarrRun49 said:

You want this guy coaching our up and coming players?  I understand that not all teachers of the game were great players.  But, we're talking about Chris Davis here, not Sammy Sosa.  A guy who has had 3-4 good seasons over the course of his career.  I like Chris. But I don't need him coaching future Orioles.

Honestly, I have no problem with Chris or his professionalism

Between you and me, I wouldn't want Sosa encouraging players to use PEDS. Which is the main reason his career was so successful.

I think Adderall and the other ADD/ADHD stuff has prematurely diminished Chris' reaction time.

He certainly could assist Mountcastle and Nunez with their defense at 1B.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Honestly, I have no problem with Chris or his professionalism

Between you and me, I wouldn't want Sosa encouraging players to use PEDS. Which is the main reason his career was so successful.

I think Adderall and the other ADD/ADHD stuff has prematurely diminished Chris' reaction time.

He certainly could assist Mountcastle and Nunez with their defense at 1B.

So Davis got suspended for using PEDs but you are worried about Sosa encouraging players to use them?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Zero difference IMO.

We also don't know exactly what he was taking and in what doses.  All we do know is he failed two tests.

Wrong....see below

Do you have ADHD or ADD?

Orioles infielder Chris Davis, Major League Baseball's most prodigious home run hitter last season and an outspoken opponent of performing-enhancing drugs, was suspended for 25 games Friday by the league for testing positive for the drug Adderall. It was his second failed test for an amphetamine in his career.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-orioles-chris-davis-suspended-25-games-for-amphetamines-20140912-story.html

6 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

OK, he was taking Adderall but do we know what dose? 

If we don't know what dose we don't know if he was attempting to self mediate his ADHD, which is still a violation, or something else.

What we do know is that he got caught in violation TWICE. 

15 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Davis is not a plus fielder.  I guess in the nebulous world of first base fielding metrics he might have qualified as plus for a season or two but not at this point in history.

Well he would have made that scoop.  Of that I have no doubt.  Nunez should never bring his glove to the ballpark.

As for Crush, he's done.  I don't know why he couldn't bring his success of Spring Training and Summer Camp into the real games, but he hasn't, and he's actually playing worse than the past two years, if that's even possible.  I love the guy, but he's done.  Move on.  

(That said, Hyde HAS moved on.  That pinch hitting spot was Davis' only appearance in the Nats series, unless I missed something?)

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK, he was taking Adderall but do we know what dose? 

If we don't know what dose we don't know if he was attempting to self mediate his ADHD, which is still a violation, or something else.

What we do know is that he got caught in violation TWICE. 

He was taking Adderall and then switched to Vyvanse which is a more time released ADHD medication. Both failed tests had to due with not receiving an exemption for a clinically diagnosed medical condition. Which quite frankly is absurd. The guy clearly has a medical issue, that can be treated with medication but will never go away.

*** Also, you didn't answer the question? Have you been diagnosed with ADHD or ADD? ******

ADHD is a disorder that affects the brain and behaviors. There's no known cure for ADHD, but several options can help your child manage their symptoms. Treatments range from behavioral intervention to prescription medication. In many cases, medication alone is an effective treatment for ADHD.

So he has a condition and needs an exemption ///Period

The fact that he needs to reapply is assnine

• Upvote 1

Just now, Roll Tide said:

He was taking Adderall and then switched to Vyvanse which is a more time released ADHD medication. Both failed tests had to due with not receiving an exemption for a clinically diagnosed medical condition. Which quite frankly is absurd. The guy clearly has a medical issue, that can be treated with medication but will never go away.

*** Also, you didn't answer the question? Have you been diagnosed with ADHD or ADD? ******

So he has a condition and needs an exemption ///Period

The fact that he needs to apply is assnine

No I don't.

He has to apply for an exemption because he's taking a performance enhancing drug.  How is it absurd that substances like that must be approved?  I think it is telling that he is not currently taking Adderall.  If that is the proper medication for his disorder why is he prescribed something else? 

We don't know how much and how often he was taking the medication.  Is it OK with you if he was exceeding the proper dosage?

9 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

As for Crush, he's done.  I don't know why he couldn't bring his success of Spring Training and Summer Camp into the real games, but he hasn't...

You know Bill Bergen?  The catcher from 100 years ago who once hit .139 in a nearly full season, the guy who had a 21 OPS+ for his 3000 PA career?   He once had a month where he went 11-for-29 (.379).  Occasionally the Gods smile on the humblest among us.

• Upvote 1