Who’s your favorite enemy?

Philip

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You must not have seen much basketball.  When you have the five players it is so much easier to hide one when they are atrocious on defense.  Similarly when one can't shoot at all the other team is still honorbound to defend them as if they could.

Or a quarterback, like Peyton Manning and winning 10 games.  And then not having Peyton Manning the next year and only winning 2 games.

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

That's funny, but whiffle ball is at least a contributing reason why both of my shoulders are loose and make weird noises.  Throwing a wipeout slider that breaks 12' with a whiffle ball is awesome, but it'll ruin you.

I agree with you, whiffle balls days were a ton of fun, amazing we all lived to talk about it lol

I remembering running jumping ontop of the chain link fence, separating the infield from the outfield and waiting for the ball to float down for a out. lol

25 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Or a quarterback, like Peyton Manning and winning 10 games.  And then not having Peyton Manning the next year and only winning 2 games.

I'm curious as to how the Bucs are going to be this year with Brady.

Of course, being an older guy, he's more in danger of Coronavirus.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm curious as to how the Bucs are going to be this year with Brady.

Of course, being an older guy, he's more in danger of Coronavirus.

The defense will love him. Not having someone turn the ball over again and again should be a big help. 

I can’t stand the guy but I think it was a good fit. 

On 8/24/2020 at 1:35 PM, Philip said:

“Favorite enemy” is a guy we like even though he plays for a team we hate.

I dislike Bautista intensely. I think he’s a total jerk.

But I like Pillar a lot. I don’t mind that we didn’t sign him, but he’s a great player.

Pillar is a good choice.    Zobrist and Kiermaier when they were on the Rays.   And I always loved Roy Halladay. 

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Pillar is a good choice.    Zobrist and Kiermaier when they were on the Rays.   And I always loved Roy Halladay. 

I always thought Longoria was a decent guy when he was there.

I have no real evidence one way or another, but his interviews seam to be real Maybe he is just a good actor, who knows.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Bring that weak ass $#%*, meat.  

I'd throw that thing at a spot on the ground 10-15' in front of me, and 5' behind the batter.  That stuff would skim just above the grass, then break across and up like Randy Johnson's alien dreams.  Nobody ever hit it.

Now I'm going to take 3000mg of ibuprofen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I'd throw that thing at a spot on the ground 10-15' in front of me, and 5' behind the batter.  That stuff would skim just above the grass, then break across and up like Randy Johnson's alien dreams.  Nobody ever hit it.

Now I'm going to take 3000mg of ibuprofen.

get to my age, its 800 mg, twice a day. lol

and that just takes the edge off.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

get to my age, its 800 mg, twice a day. lol

and that just takes the edge off.

Speaking of ibuprofen, when I was  in France several summers ago, I was managing pain pending a knee replacement by taking two extra strength 400 mg. tablets twice a day. We ran out, so I went to a pharmacy. To buy anything there, including shampoo, you have to talk to a pharmacist. This one told me that in France ibuprofen is considered prescription medicine and that he really should insist I go to un medecin to get one. After some mildly testy conversation, he did  relent, but he could (or would) only dole it out in envelopes of ten 200 mg. tablets, each with just a little more than I needed for one day. Instead of carrying a modest size vial in my toiletries bag, I wound up with a boatload of little envelopes in my luggage. Just your typical American ibuprofen junkie.  

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Current player I love to watch on an opposing team (that the Orioles play regularly):  Lindor.  That smile man, looks like he's playing baseball for the love of the game every time, and he does so outstandingly well.

I like Lindor too for the same reasons. He’s just good and looks like he’s having a blast, it’s infectious. 

I like Trout too cause again he’s just so good, but I just never watch Pacific time games. 

I almost hate to say it but my favorite all time is watching Pedro pitch during his Boston run. They were rivals, but the Sox and their fans were a lot less insufferable back then before they won.  

7 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

That's funny, but whiffle ball is at least a contributing reason why both of my shoulders are loose and make weird noises.  Throwing a wipeout slider that breaks 12' with a whiffle ball is awesome, but it'll ruin you.

...the reason I washed out after Little League... always out in front of a giant breaker.  What might have been. ;)

I don't think baseball is really any more of a team sport than other sports.  In fact I think fluid sports like hockey and basketball are more team sports than baseball.  In hockey and basketball you have to be on the same page with your teammates, as far as individual responsibilities  and people being where they need to be in a certain place at a certain time.  And if they aren't, scoring opportunities, and defensive assignments are missed.   Especially in hockey.  In baseball, this is only true on defense and even then, its usually about individual efforts and less about coordination. 

Half of baseball is individual matchups - (pitcher vs. batter).  And fielding only accounts less than half of defense (its mostly about the pitcher), so its probably more like 80-85% individual matchups.  

Edited by GuidoSarducci