Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

On 4/27/2019 at 4:02 PM, Beef Supreme said:

If it weren't still meant to be a slur, outsiders wouldn't bother intentionally misspelling the name of the city. They would not gleefully spout out their fake-ass Baltimore accents, attempting to veil their elitist contempt of people less wealthy than themselves under the guise of "humor." And then defend their [removed] on Baltimoreans by saying, "Don't be so sensitive." Maybe add a "Lighten Up, Francis" clip to rub your face in it.

Your opinion doesn't represent all Baltimore natives, that is for sure. Half my family was born in Baltimore, including my wife. I've lived in Baltimore on and off for 30 years. I don't use Balmer as a derisive term. We use it as a term of love, like a LOT of people from the city. Here's one example of a different, less defensive take.

I hear you and I respect your pride in your city, but, uhhh... maybe realizing that there's a middle ground would help. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Titanic homer by Schoop.  He's not ripping it up like he was in 2017 but I think he's better than he was last year, that's for sure.  

I'd like to see the data on it, but I think he hit pitches the hardest out of anyone while he was here.  Everything seemed to be a bullet with that guy when he made contact.

On 4/17/2019 at 1:29 PM, interloper said:

Right. I'm sure it's a nice park, but at the end of the day it would be cool to have a ballpark that accurately shows you what your prospects are really doing. WE might know the data says one thing, but for the player grinding down there, it's not fun. And player experience/morale is important. Just freakin' move the walls in, man! 

They have stacast data. They know how hard they are hitting the ball, where and how consistently. I think the Harbor Park is hard on the hitter's psychie is way over blown. Remember, half the games are away as well.

• Upvote 2

On 4/17/2019 at 1:49 PM, DrungoHazewood said:

Larry Bigbie played when Rochester and then Ottawa were the Orioles' affiliates.  He never played a single home game in Norfolk.

Imagine a world where all posters would take three seconds and look up players in baseball reference before they post nonsense.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

They have stacast data. They know how hard they are hitting the ball, where and how consistently. I think the Harbor Park is hard on the hitter's psychie is way over blown. Remember, half the games are away as well.

Completely fair, I just like yelling into the wind about Norfolk sometimes. :) 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Titanic homer by Schoop.  He's not ripping it up like he was in 2017 but I think he's better than he was last year, that's for sure.  

I'd like to see the data on it, but I think he hit pitches the hardest out of anyone while he was here.  Everything seemed to be a bullet with that guy when he made contact.

His exit velocity is up two MPH this year compared to last is up from .228 to .265, so he's certainly looking batter in that regard. He's always been around major league average for Exit Velocities.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

His exit velocity is up two MPH this year compared to last is up from .228 to .265, so he's certainly looking batter in that regard. He's always been around major league average for Exit Velocities.

One month doesn’t make a season, but at least one thing we can say is that Schoop hasn’t gotten himself into a deep hole that he needs to dig out of.

Looking at his stats last year, he had a sub-.650 OPS every single month of the season except July, when he was at 1.056.    Thanks, Jon, for that gift right before the trade deadline!

He’s at .829 now, about 200 points above where he was this time last year.