So, roughly at the halfway point:

Machado .279/.355/.511, 19 HR 54 RBI, 2.5 rWAR

Jones .262/.313/.439, 13 HR, 42 RBI, 0.1 rWAR

Schoop .250/.300/.458, 13 HR, 34 RBI, 1.2 rWAR 

Gausman 62.1 IP, 6.21 ERA, -1.0 rWAR

Britton 35.0 IP, 2.57 ERA, 1.1 rWAR

Brach 33.2 IP, 5.35 ERA, -0.1 rWAR

O’Day hasn’t thrown a pitch at any level    

I think Machado hit number 20 after print here. 

Wieters with a walk off today. 

10 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Zack is pitching almost exactly the same as last year. Which is decent, but it appears the Zack from 2014-16 is never coming back. 

During his peak he was very unusual in that he not only had the highest GB/FB ratio in baseball, but was also striking out a batter an inning.  He still has the ground balls, but his strikeout rate is down from about 30% to 18%, while the league rate is up 12% over the same period.  So his FIP is over 4.00 this year.

Yea, we may never again see a pitcher quite like that.

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

So the only one that might have made a significant difference is if we had Britton not blowing some of the saves that Givens did--and Givens perhaps performing better in a set-up role and becoming more tradeable later in the season. The real damage has been largely internal: Mullins/Wilkerson/Broxton; Hess; Martin's offense; Cobb (again); Davis (perpetually). And compensated for to a great extent by salary savings.

37 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

During his peak he was very unusual in that he not only had the highest GB/FB ratio in baseball, but was also striking out a batter an inning.  He still has the ground balls, but his strikeout rate is down from about 30% to 18%, while the league rate is up 12% over the same period.  So his FIP is over 4.00 this year.

Yea, we may never again see a pitcher quite like that.

Never being able to see anything like it again makes it all the more searingly unforgettable and unforgivable that Buck didn't use him in that play-in game.... and brought in Ubaldo instead.... and didn't lift him when the Jays.... then Encarnacion....

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Never being able to see anything like it again makes it all the more searingly unforgettable and unforgivable that Buck didn't use him in that play-in game.... and brought in Ubaldo instead.... and didn't lift him when the Jays.... until Encarnacion....

It didn't seem like the Orioles offense was ever going to score another run in that game, but I don't know how you go down in an elimination game without using your best weapon. Losing the last game of the year because you care about the save rule. 

10 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It didn't seem like the Orioles offense was ever going to score another run in that game, but I don't know how you go down in an elimination game without using your best weapon. Losing the last game of the year because you care about the save rule. 

Ubaldo that night: 5 pitches, 3 hits, 3 runs, Infinite ERA. I guess the game just sped past Buck that inning.

Possibly the worst decision in the history of O's field managing?

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Ubaldo that night: 5 pitches, 3 hits, 3 runs, Infinite ERA. I guess the game just sped past Buck that inning.

Possibly the worst decision in the history of O's field managing?

My history with O's goes back to the 80's and I can't think of a worse managerial decision. Regular season blunder is one thing, but in a do or die playoff game I can't remember one. 

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

My history with O's goes back to the 80's and I can't think of a worse managerial decision. Regular season blunder is one thing, but in a do or die playoff game I can't remember one. 

the thing was that even if you don't use Britton, you have Tommy Hunter which would have been a much better choice than Ubaldo, seeing Ubaldo was not accustumed to coming out of the bullpen

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

Gotta say the ATL trade last year is looking like a win for us.  We dumped all that salary.  Gausman will likely be non tendered.  The guys we got from the braves are all in our top 20-35 prospects.  Not stars but potential contributors.