Draft Order 2021

weams

What I would have done is projected this year’s record out to 162 games (including decimal points), and then weighted it equally with last year’s record.   So for example if the O’s finish 26-34, that would project out to 70.2 wins over 162 games.    Add their 54 wins from 2019 for a total of 124.2.    

I think that would have avoided giving sole weight to a short season that may have had some fluky results, while at the same time not putting undue weight on 2019 (which would count 2.7 times as much if you just added the two seasons together).   I do think this year’s results ought to have at least equal weight with any past results. 

• Upvote 2

My idea was more simplistic: Take the order of finish from this year and from last year then tally the placements. Example for Orioles: 29 last year plus ?23? this year totals 52, which probably translates to 25th or 26th or something. Senators finished ?5? last year and ?26? this year for a total of 31, which might translate to 13th or so. Not sure whether it would be much different from Frobby's order. But I guess we won;t need to bother doing the math on this at the end of the season,

25 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

My idea was more simplistic: Take the order of finish from this year and from last year then tally the placements. Example for Orioles: 29 last year plus ?23? this year totals 62, which probably translates to 26th or something. Senators finished ?5? last year and ?26? this year for a total of 31, which might translate to 13th or so. Not sure whether it would be much different from Frobby's order. But I guess we won;t need to bother doing the math on this at the end of the season,

Probably would be very similar.