Adeiny Hechavarria signs with Japanese team

wildcard

42 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Semien , Didi and Simmons are the top 3 with Galvis behind them. Hechavarria hasn't gotten over 330 PA's since 2017. 

We might be able to get Galvis.  The other three, no shot.  Hechavarria isn't a big loss, either.

Richie Martin is your Opening Day SS for 2021, folks.  Not sure what all the hand wringing is about.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

We might be able to get Galvis.  The other three, no shot.  Hechavarria isn't a big loss, either.

Richie Martin is your Opening Day SS for 2021, folks.  Not sure what all the hand wringing is about.

Im not actually opposed to that plan assuming Richie has gotten stronger since the last time he played. I would much rather have Simmons though. 

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kaiser Sosa.

I thought that was Kaiser Soza.   Usual Suspects.   

Look up Adrianza.   His defensive highlight reel is impressive.  He hits as well as Sanchez, or Galvis.  Would probably  cost  a little over 1 M.    Galvis is probably better but its not clear that his salary will drop to the O's salary range.

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

Im not actually opposed to that plan assuming Richie has gotten stronger since the last time he played. I would much rather have Simmons though. 

If Richie is the starting SS, I'm on board.  Why not give Mason McCoy a shot too if Richie stumbles.  If one of them can provide positive dWar for a season or two even with Belanger offense, I'm ok with it.  Support the pitchers while developing the answer at SS for 2023

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

If Richie is the starting SS, I'm on board.  Why not give Mason McCoy a shot too if Richie stumbles.  If one of them can provide positive dWar for a season or two even with Belanger offense, I'm ok with it.  Support the pitchers while developing the answer at SS for 2023

Yep..there really is no reason to sign anyone if you feel Martin or McCoy can handle the position defensively.  

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

Simmons would be a good get for a one or two year deal, but I don't see that happening.  IIRC he's 31 or 32 and he's lost a step.  Still would be a blast to watch at times but he doesn't make sense for this club as it's currently constructed.

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Simmons would be a good get for a one or two year deal, but I don't see that happening.  IIRC he's 31 or 32 and he's lost a step.  Still would be a blast to watch at times but he doesn't make sense for this club as it's currently constructed.

Fangraphs’ crowdsourcing project pegged him at 3/$42 mm.