Baumann says he’s healthy

Frobby

I hope that quote about wanting to give Holt 100% of the credit for the 2019 breakout doesn't come back to haunt him at some arbitration hearing to be named later!

Across the 6 weeks of Spring, there's 3 weeks of holding up, and 3 weeks of making it impossible to send him out.   I see a fairly substantial gap between Means/Cobb/Kremer/Akin/Baumann, and any other Oriole with a chance at Baltimore in April, or free agent likely to be here.

Norfolk's main 4 perhaps Lowther, Smith, Zimmermann, Wells, never mind the wildcard of perhaps unique game reps there in April being a magnet for the Top Two.   

I suppose if Arizona Fall resumes in 2021 and you wait until May for Bowie games, maybe October helps them from 15 up to 20 starts.   Eastern League playoffs and cup of coffee could do it in September too.   Regardless of level, 20 starts feels like a good outcome for anyone after the blip.

Here is my baseline expectation for Adley, Grayson and DL v. Eastern League in May:

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, wildcard said:

I'll believe when I see it.

Fair enough.    There have been many times we heard over the winter that a late season injury was nothing serious, only to find out the following March or April that the player needs surgery.   I’ll certainly be holding my breath.

On the one hand, teams have more data than ever to stop high intensity pitches quickly once release point, velocity, spin or whatever gives some clue this exact pitch wavers too far from the pitcher's baseline, but on the other hand a group of minor league pitchers never got game hot all 2020 leaving all 30 orgs with a double batch coming when they all start trying this spring.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:00 PM, Frobby said:

Fair enough.    There have been many times we heard over the winter that a late season injury was nothing serious, only to find out the following March or April that the player needs surgery.   I’ll certainly be holding my breath.

This is true. I hope it's nothing, but we have definitely seen a history of guys shut down with elbow "strains", feel good over the winter when not pitching, then needing surgery. Let's hope not but I agree, I'll be holding my breath a bit until I see him healthy and throwing well this spring in games.

38 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is true. I hope it's nothing, but we have definitely seen a history of guys shut down with elbow "strains", feel good over the winter when not pitching, then needing surgery. Let's hope not but I agree, I'll be holding my breath a bit until I see him healthy and throwing well this spring in games.

We can’t have nice things...