Jim Hunter officially gone

eddie83

1 hour ago, milbest77 said:

Never want to see anyone lose their job, but this was way overdue. Hunter was just too much of a cheerleader for my tastes. I always got a kick out of his postgame interviews with Buck after road games. Hunter would act like a hyper puppy dog and Buck would be clearly annoyed by it?

More like an insincere Top-40 DJ spinning all the hits.

1 hour ago, milbest77 said:

Never want to see anyone lose their job, but this was way overdue. Hunter was just too much of a cheerleader for my tastes. I always got a kick out of his postgame interviews with Buck after road games. Hunter would act like a hyper puppy dog and Buck would be clearly annoyed by it?

I thought Bordick was worse than Hunter. I dont know how he kept his job for 9 years. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I thought Bordick was worse than Hunter. I dont know how he kept his job for 9 years. 

I think Bordick improved over the years and I like that he has been critical more in recent years but I agree he wasn’t good overall.

I did like his defensive perspective on things though.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I think Bordick improved over the years and I like that he has been critical more in recent years but I agree he wasn’t good overall.

I did like his defensive perspective on things though.

I thought he was better his first two years then started to rely on catch phrases and homer-isms the longer his tenure went, but I'll admit to not watching many of his broadcasts the last 3 years. 

I can think of an Oriole announcer who, it always seemed to me, would lose all enthusiasm any time the Orioles fell behind in a game.

If Hunter's career with the Orioles lasted 24 years, that means he was there for the entirety of the 14-year streak from 1998 through 2011 when the Orioles finished with a less than .500 winning percentage every single year.

And Hunter maintained his enthusiasm throughout that whole period.

That's what I'll remember about him.