Who will start the first five games in 2021?

TommyPickles

Means, Felix, Akin, someone from outside the organization, and Jorge Lopez. 

I actually would not be surprised if Kremer and Zimmerman start in AAA, but are called up before Lowther, Baumann, Alex Wells. Seems like Elias really likes to see mastery of a level before a promotion. 

I don’t think they’d put a rule V guy in the rotation, at least to start. 

I guess Leblanc could sneak in there over Lopez or the other signing I expect, but I’ll go with those 5. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Indeed, Shemp gets a lot of unjust hate for the mere "crime" of not being a member of the most iconic trio, but I would rate him as firmly above replacement level.

Wonder how many Laughs Above Replacement Shemp was worth over his career.  ?

35 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s right there with Zeppo Marx.   

I grew up watching old Stooges flicks on WNUV54 (iirc) on Saturday afternoons in the 90s, but don't really know enough about the Marx brothers to comment on that subject so I'll have to take your word for it :noidea:

30 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Wonder how many Laughs Above Replacement Shemp was worth over his career.  ?

Certainly a lot more than the Will Sasso led reboot from about a decade ago lol.

14 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I grew up watching old Stooges flicks on WNUV54 (iirc) on Saturday afternoons in the 90s, but don't really know enough about the Marx brothers to comment on that subject so I'll have to take your word for it :noidea:

Well, the Marx Brothers generally featured Groucho, Chico and Harpo, but occasionally Zeppo would wander in and play the straight man.   So like Shemp he was sort of the fourth part of a three man act.    

And no, I am not old enough to have seen any Marx Brothers movies when they were made!    They are very dated, yet still quite funny IMO.    

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And no, I am not old enough to have seen any Marx Brothers movies when they were made!  

I wasn't implying that you were, sorry if it came off that way :leaving:

A decent amount of older stuff still holds up really well though IMO, the original run of the Flintstones and the original Twilight Zone are among my favorite TV shows of all time despite being produced a couple of decades before I was even born.

2 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I wasn't implying that you were, sorry if it came off that way :leaving:

A decent amount of older stuff still holds up really well though IMO, the original run of the Flintstones and the original Twilight Zone are among my favorite TV shows of all time despite being produced a couple of decades before I was even born.

Outer Limits is underrated.  At it's best it was as good or better than Twilight Zone.

Also Get Smart was genius.