Davis is making changes!

Sports Guy

22 minutes ago, murph said:

I know it was only one game and two plate appearances and no TV, but did anyone who did see him (reporter or otherwise) describe what he was doing differently?   

I haven't seen any information from the crack reporting team down there.

I'm sure they are hot on the story tho!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I don't believe that reporters have been allowed in.  It's mostly Zoom interviews after practices.  So they probably can't see his actual work.

I guess the reporters should buy tickets and sit in the stands.  

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They have two hitting coaches and a manger they can ask.

They may have asked.  I suspect that coaches don't like to comment on specific things that players are working on.  Watch a John Harbaugh press conference some time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

They may have asked.  I suspect that coaches don't like to comment on specific things that players are working on.  Watch a John Harbaugh press conference some time.

Why wouldn't they report that?

That was a specific comment Davis made that should have been followed up on.

And I'll pass on the Harbaugh press conference.

34 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I haven't seen any information from the crack reporting team down there.

I'm sure they are hot on the story tho!

Do they even have a reporting team down there?    I have the impression that the beat reporters are working remotely and just getting whatever Zoom interviews the Orioles happen to feed them.  

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Do they even have a reporting team down there?    I have the impression that the beat reporters are working remotely and just getting whatever Zoom interviews the Orioles happen to feed them.  

I don't know.

I'd think at least some reporters for some outlets are down there even if say MASN wasn't willing to spring for a ticket.

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

I don't believe that reporters have been allowed in.  It's mostly Zoom interviews after practices.  So they probably can't see his actual work.

I believe Roch is still in Maryland and "reporting" from there.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

They have two hitting coaches and a manger they can ask.

Let's look at the whole situation. Does anyone really care how Davis is doing? You can tell Hyde doesn't like to talk about hi because he knows what's up with him. 

Why would a reporter want to waste time asking what's up with Davis? WHO CARES? the fact that he's no taking up spring training PAs is the one small victory in all of this.

Davis has gone from one of the favorite Orioles to one of the all-time hated Orioles by most Orioles fans because he won't do what's right. 

I for one will feel the organization can take a huge sigh of relief when this embarrassing albatross is out of the organization and I could care less whether his back is feeling better or not. I'm just hoping this is the inevitable "Ubaldo Puddle" where it's used to get him off the roster.

If he stays on the 26-man roster, he's costing another guy from making major league money this year by his refusal to so what's right and retire. I doubt he really cares though since he seems to be about himself first.

So instead, he's going to have an injury, collect his paycheck, and hopefully be sent home to "rehab". 

• Upvote 2

Murph cares and isn't that enough?

To me it would just be doing your due diligence as a professional.

"Hey Don, Davis mentioned a visible change in his mechanics, care to shed a little light on that?"  He is still part of the team and I don't think the reporters should go out of their way to avoid questions that the coaches might not want to talk about.