Mlb.com O's Opening Day Roster (Trezza)

Aristotelian

Biggest omissions appear to be DJ and Zimmerman. Also Leblanc, Bannon, Sceroler, and of course Adley. I'm not a fan of Jorge but hope he proves me wrong if he makes the club. 

? Severino, Sisco

1B: Mancini, Davis

2B: Yolmer

SS: Galvis

3B: Ruiz

OF: Mountcastle, Hays, Mullins, Santander

Util: Valaika

SP: Mean, King, Harvey, Kremer, Akin

RP: Valdez, Harvey, Scott, Fry, Tate, Lakins, Sulser, Jorge

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Biggest omissions appear to be DJ and Zimmerman. Also Leblanc, Bannon, Sceroler, and of course Adley. I'm not a fan of Jorge but hope he proves me wrong if he makes the club. 

? Severino, Sisco

The one name on the list that sticks out like a sore thumb--Chris Davis.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

? Severino, Sisco

It is too early to be making concrete predictions. It is inexplicable we can’t find a better 3B than Ruiz, or at least an equally bad one with more potential. I don’t think Felix or Harvey makes it,  Fry has been bad, several guys have been good, and it seems that Trezza isn’t paying attention to the games. 

This is just fluff. If this is the team that breaks camp, a lot of better guys will be left behind.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

? Severino, Sisco

I only count 25 names.  There is a 26 man roster this year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

It is too early to be making concrete predictions. It is inexplicable we can’t find a better 3B than Ruiz, or at least an equally bad one with more potential. I don’t think Felix or Harvey makes it,  Fry has been bad, several guys have been good, and it seems that Trezza isn’t paying attention to the games. 

This is just fluff. If this is the team that breaks camp, a lot of better guys will be left behind.

It's worse than fluff, Trezza apparently doesn't even know there's a 26 man roster this year.

That being said, it might not be too far off.  Add DJ as a 26th guy, replace Felix with someone who can throw 89, and it will probably be pretty close.

Actually it appears that Trezza did list 26 guys.  The OP left off Armstrong.

So one of the OFs starts at DH and we have no backup OF without moving the DH to the field?  And our entire bench consists of the catcher who didn't start and is unlikely to play for most of the game, Davis, and Valaika.

Elias’ goal is to amass talent. With that in mind, he’s going to keep one of the R5s, and my current vote is for Wells. He also wants to avoid DFAs, unless he can add someone clearly better. So he’s only going to add one contract, and at the moment, that looks like LeBlanc.

Fry may be in Danger. He’s been meh so far. 
the NRIs are going back to wherever they came from, though one or two have looked good. Greene, and a guy who skips my mind ATM.

I wish we knew which guys were in the games specifically working on certain pitches and didn’t care about the result, and which guys were trying to get hits/outs and just being bad.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Im curious about the rosters on June 1, July 1 and Aug 1.  

I always find it funny when we (including myself) get worked up over OD rosters.  They mean notbi

True, they mean nothing, but we talk about to because it's something to talk about and it is relevant at this time of year.  Come July and August, I imagine we'll be talking about what post-deadline roster will be.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Im curious about the rosters on June 1, July 1 and Aug 1.  

I always find it funny when we (including myself) get worked up over OD rosters.  They mean notbi

I agree, more or less.   I’m far more interested in who is in our rotation this September than who is in it in April.   I’m also really interested in who is getting the OF/1B/DH playing time in the second half vs. the first half.    And needless to say, I’m really interested in who our starting catcher is by August/September.   

• Like 1

Cross these guys off the list:

”The first round of cuts was made today, with the Orioles reassigning catcher Brett Cumberland, infielder Mason McCoy, right-hander Marcos Diplán and left-handers Josh Rogers and Zach Muckenhirn to Twin Lakes camp.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/03/wrapping-up-means-start-defense-cuts-and-13-1-loss.html

No surprises there.   

• Like 1