Orioles vs Twins, 3/21, Sarasota

SteveA

Just now, Philip said:

I am very annoyed that the MLB app no longer allows you to follow along pitch by pitch, so it’s impossible to really know what’s going on. Lopez doesn’t seem to be doing very well, although the defense is not helping him. I feel very strongly that this is an example of why good defense helps the pitching, and why we ignore defensive incompetence at our apparel. But I really wanted to ask how Lopez is really looking?

3 HRs that were blasts, defense didn't hurt there.  One error by Richie Martin, otherwise the defense has been absolutely fine.  A ball took a hop past the glove of a diving Yolmer Sanchez but I didn't get the impression it was a bad play.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Base hit for the second batter, though it sounds like maybe it's a play Richieartin should  should have made.  Why is Martin at 2B and Sanchez at SS?

Anyway, Lopez still pitching, though Tanner Scott is warming.

Why not?  It's practice man, practice.

Not like Hyde put Mountcastle at short.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Base hit for the second batter, though it sounds like maybe it's a play Richieartin should  should have made.  Why is Martin at 2B and Sanchez at SS?

Anyway, Lopez still pitching, though Tanner Scott is warming.

I figured to get Sanchez some reps rather than best lineup...