A bunch of moves just announced

SteveA

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Thanks, but we are all just guessing.

I am still trying to figure out LeBlanc's contract.  Roch says its a split contract which to me means its a minor league contract with him still trying to make the team.  That would mean LeBlanc is not of the 40 man roster at this point. And because Davis was put on the 60 day IL there is 39 players on the 40 man roster.   

I am not sure of any of that.

Per Roch, it was a MLB contract and the 40 is full.

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

“Assigned to alternate site” is if they aren’t on the 40.

Ok, thanks. So if they add Greene, they have to DFA someone. But LeBlanc takes Davis’’ vacated spot, and all else remains status quo for now?

34 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Maybe he's not. Only one way to find out and that isn't by having him pitch at some bs extended spring training while there is no minor leagues. I didn't see him pitch this spring but unless he was topping out at 86 or dropped a heater on the clubhouse floor he should get starts. 

I haven’t been able to watch games or know if there’s any credit to the claim I’ve read around here that Akin has gained weight but if it’s true then the guy needs a wake up call and handing a spot on the OD roster after a bad spring isn’t going to help him in that regard. He’ll be up and make plenty of starts this season without a doubt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Just an idiotic decision.

I would rather have Akin than LeBlanc, especially because it is clear that nobody else wanted LeBlanc. That makes it doubly curious that he returned to a Major League contract. That’s like the O’s bidding against themselves to sign Davis. If nobody wants you, why should you expect a BETTER contract when you return? Makes no sense.

However, the decision is justified. And there might have been some attitude trouble involved, and they want to send Akin a signal. 

“you’re overweight.”

”so what.”

“You're pitching badly.”

”so what.”

”Now you’re optioned.”

I don’t know that for sure, of course, but it’s not outside possibility.

What i don’t get is the apparent decision to have LeBlanc in the rotation; over Zimmermann. That makes zero sense.

3 minutes ago, oriole said:

I haven’t been able to watch games or know if there’s any credit to the claim I’ve read around here that Akin has gained weight but if it’s true then the guy needs a wake up call and handing a spot on the OD roster after a bad spring isn’t going to help him in that regard. He’ll be up and make plenty of starts this season without a doubt. 

If its something like that I agree that's also understandable.  The main point is it needs to be something beyond bad spring training stats. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

...on the radio broadcast.

Akin optioned.

Shaw optioned.

Davis to 60 day.

LeBlanc major league contract.

Abad reassigned to minor league camp.

I think I missed one.

I couldn't post them all in the Game Thread as fast as Melanie rattled them off. ?

24 minutes ago, oriole said:

I don't really remember what he looked like last year, have no data on his weight at the two times... He's a BIG boy, but he doesn't look fat. I don't think. He's just a big, strapping guy.