Matt Harvey 2021

Il BuonO

50 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The last 3 major league pitchers to have an ERA of 7.80 or higher in their first 15 starts of their season:

Matt Harvey, Baltimore, 2021

Chris Tillman , Baltimore, 2017 

Ubaldo Jiminez, Baltimore, 2017

I can't figure out what the common thread is.

Thank you for sharing that very depressing information. This makes me wonder if they are going to duplicate with Harvey what they did with Tillman and Jimenez, Which is ignore reality.Which is ignore reality.

51 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The last 3 major league pitchers to have an ERA of 7.80 or higher in their first 15 starts of their season:

Matt Harvey, Baltimore, 2021

Chris Tillman , Baltimore, 2017 

Ubaldo Jiminez, Baltimore, 2017

I can't figure out what the common thread is.

Ubaldo shouldn't be there. His ERA after 15 starts was 7.26. Still bad though.

Brian Matusz had an ERA of 10.69 after 12 starts in 2011. Adam Eaton, 8.56 after 8 starts. Steve Trachsel, 8.39 in 8 starts. Sidney Ponson, 6.21 in 23 starts. Garrett Olson, 6.65 in 26 starts. Rich Hill, 7.80 in 13 starts. Jason Berken, 6.54 in 24 starts. Radhames Liz, 6.72 in 17 starts. David Hess, 7.09 in 14 starts.

Honorable mention to Mike Wright.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh.

Going to take more than Harvey to catch Arizona.

They got that 2018 Orioles, 2003 Tigers level funk.

Not like they’re running away with it. Besides, with pitchers like Harvey and Jorge Lopez with the occasional stinker from Kremer, Akin and Zimmerman I like our guys!

Ok, seriously....Harvey doesn’t look good. Even in innings when he gives up no runs he looks like he got away with something. His velocity is still up, maybe he can even tick up a bit in the pen. Then, he can hurt the team more than once a week.

Ok, not serious.

If you are going to leave Harvey in the rotation, I get it, but when he goes four strong take him out at the first sign of trouble. Let him have one start where he did his job and can leave with his head high. I know, pressure on the bullpen but we have a taxi squad for that. 

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Here’s the annual, one year from the draft, annointment of some player as the Second Coming.   And then someone else gets drafted no. 1 the following year.  

Pretty sure AR was anointed the year before we drafted him as next years #1.  

But, fine, let's rephrase:  How bad do you want the #1 pick next year? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Anyone think with a couple more good starts they can get anything for Harvey?

It's always possible somebody might take the contract off the O's hands and give them a piece of organizational filler in return.  Harvey's making a cool million this season so that would mean a couple hundred K saved.  You could pay for a pitching coach with that.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's always possible somebody might take the contract off the O's hands and give them a piece of organizational filler in return.  Harvey's making a cool million this season so that would mean a couple hundred K saved.  You could pay for a pitching coach with that.

Speaking of coaches I was watching a little of Angels- Yankees last night before Orioles game. I didn’t know Dom Chiti was Angels bullpen coach. They already had added him to organization and once Callaway was being investigated he moved into that role.