Matt Harvey 2021

Il BuonO

o

I'll throw in some) "I Like Our Guys" )fodder early in the 2021 season ...... I hope that we keep Harvey if he continues to pitch at (at least) a decent level or better as the season progresses.

I'll add some more substance to my) Fantasy Island )vision ...... in the near future, when trade speculation becomes heavy, I would love for Harvey to sit in front of a microphone and say something like,) "The Orioles gave me my second chance when no other team would take even a low-risk flyer on me. I would prefer to stay here, and let the chips fall where they may with this franchise for the rest of this season, and maybe even next year and the year after that, as well.") 

o

Harvey is doing exactly what the Orioles need him to do. For once, it seems like a 'Lightning in a bottle' pickup seems to be working out.  
Still early, but he's been building over every start, and he looked very sharp vs the MFY.  Good peripherals, as well.  

Would love to see Harvey get flipped for a long-term piece at the deadline. 

Just going against the grain from the common theme, I hope he continues to pitch this well for the rest of the season, we don't trade him and bring him back next year on a 2 year deal with an option for a third.  And that he's a rotation anchor for the next .500+ team here.  

Yeah, I said it.  I'm here to represent it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just going against the grain from the common theme, I hope he continues to pitch this well for the rest of the season, we don't trade him and bring him back next year on a 2 year deal with an option for a third.  And that he's a rotation anchor for the next .500+ team here.  

The O's will have to be within 3 games of the AL East Division leader for Matt Harvey to be healthy and an Oriole come August 1st. JMO

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

The O's will have to within 3 games of the AL East Division leader for Matt Harvey to be healthy and an Oriole come August 1st. JMO

I don't think there's a scenario where he can pitch well enough in a half a season to really not anything of value in a trade. 

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Disappointed in myself that you got this take in before I could. I’ll have more fun rooting for Harvey than I will following and forgetting whatever C level prospect comes back in a trade.

• Upvote 2