At YANKEES (pattooie!) 4-5-21

Philip

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I’m not ready to concede that Mayo needs to be lifted for defense.
    • Bradfield -  C- .  Needs a big second half. Horvath - C.  Needs a good second half. Baumeister - C.  Walks are a big problem. Josenberger - C+.  For the 3rd round at least he’s interesting.   Levi Wells - D.  Showed glimpses but getting knocked around way too much. Matthew Etzel - A.  Couldn’t ask for much better from a 10th round pick. Good news -  He looks like the best player from this draft Bad news - He looks like the best player from this draft. The O’s went for speed and athletes so there’s still a chance some of these guys figure it out.  So far, not so good.   Interesting arms. Nestor German Teddy Sharkey (TJ surgery) Kiefer Lord (TJ surgery)
    • That above scenario is the only reason I could see us keeping Urias right now. Would we want to lose a close playoff game because we pinch hit for Mateo to tie a game/get the lead, but lose the game because Mayo isn’t the defender Urias is.  We have options after we trade Urias, 1. Just simply have Holliday on the playoff roster. If Mateo is pinch hit for, then Holliday just comes in at 2B. 1-1 substitution keeping Westburg at 3B. 2. We make a small trade for a defensive wiz that can play 3B and stash him on our roster and make sure he’s playoff eligible.  Either way, this is a likely scenario in the playoffs, but it’s fixable. Get Mayo up here. 
    • Etzel is carrying the class in terms of early production. He’s already in AA Bowie. He’s not a little guy either for a CF, which you would think with him being a 10th rd pick. He’s 6’2” 200.  EBJ I feel like is going to frustrate us because he might be the Jorge Mateo of CF.  Casual fans don’t like that, but our lineup is poised to carry a GG level CF with elite base stealing/base running.  I’ll lump Josenberger and Vasquez together at the moment. Both are guys with 30+ SB, but in that .670 OPS range in A+ Aberdeen. Again, just like EBJ, can they get that OPS up enough to be playable offensively. I do not know about their defense. Can Josenberger play CF  in pro ball?  How does Vasquez look at SS? Urman and Cunningham are struggling. Horvath hit just .199 in April and May.  He got off to a slow start and hit the IL for a bit. He’s really come on recently.     Thoughts?  
    • I guess it comes down to how much they like him and if they can agree on a dollar figure.  Someone said he was going to be in the mlb draft league but I didn’t see him listed on any rosters.
    • FIP doesn’t suggest anything. 
    • No matter what?    Lol Yeah, he could start against LHP.     
  • Popular Contributors